Moves
    24 May '16 23:47
    Now, what do you suppose that means?
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    25 May '16 07:14
    Try administering a Clorex™ enema once a day until the problem disappears.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '16 11:24
    Originally posted by apathist
    It means superstitious.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '16 11:25
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Do you mean Clorox? That would solve all your problems.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '16 23:42
    Originally posted by josephw
    It means superstitious.
    Not if they are natural.

And they are everywhere! We are so blind.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '16 08:001 edit
    Not if they are natural.

And they are everywhere! We are so blind.
    I was in a garden yesterday almost dumbstruck but the splendour of the flowers, honestly it was like an explosion of colour and fragrance. I could not locate a single bee and I was shaken from my euphoria and struck by a sense of doom. Where have all the bees gone? It was ominous man! I mulled it over in my mind, I had read about a parasite but then I became immediately suspicious. Why had nature taken so long to turn on her greatest ally? My mind thought of other possibilities, air pollution! and I found myself really wondering about government and conflict of interest.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '16 09:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I was in a garden yesterday almost dumbstruck but the splendour of the flowers, honestly it was like an explosion of colour and fragrance. I could not locate a single bee and I was shaken from my euphoria and struck by a sense of doom. Where have all the bees gone? It was ominous man! I mulled it over in my mind, I had read about a parasite but the ...[text shortened]... s, air pollution! and I found myself really wondering about government and conflict of interest.
    You are such a tool.

Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) is caused by neonicotinoid pesticides. In the late 1990s neonicotinoids came under increasing scrutiny over their environmental impacts. Neonicotinoid use was linked in a range of studies to adverse ecological effects, including CCD and loss of birds due to a reduction in insect populations. In 2013, the European Union and a few non EU countries restricted the use of certain neonicotinoids. As a result, bee colonies in Europe are showing signs of healthy recovery. Because of the huge amount of money involved in pesticide industry lobbying, notably from Monsanto, Congress and the US Department of Agriculture have been almost criminally slow to reduce usage of these neonicotinoids, and so the problem remains widespread in the US.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '16 09:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You are such a tool.

Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) is caused by neonicotinoid pesticides. In the late 1990s neonicotinoids came under increasing scrutiny over their environmental impacts. Neonicotinoid use was linked in a range of studies to adverse ecological effects, including CCD and loss of birds due to a reduction in insect populations. In 2013, t ...[text shortened]... y slow to reduce usage of these neonicotinoids, and so the problem remains widespread in the US.
    Is there a chemical connection between nicotine and these neonicotinoids? Nicotine seems buried in that word, must be some molecular similarity or chemical functionality.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '16 09:34
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I did find this, Clorex pool and spa supplies but don't see how you could use them in an enema:

http://www.clorexpools.com.au/
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '16 10:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Is there a chemical connection between nicotine and these neonicotinoids? Nicotine seems buried in that word, must be some molecular similarity or chemical functionality.
    Yes, quite. It is the chemical's similarity to nicotine that disorients the bees. Most insects have a reaction to nicotine. It's very noticeable in bees.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '16 10:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You are such a tool.

Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) is caused by neonicotinoid pesticides. In the late 1990s neonicotinoids came under increasing scrutiny over their environmental impacts. Neonicotinoid use was linked in a range of studies to adverse ecological effects, including CCD and loss of birds due to a reduction in insect populations. In 2013, t ...[text shortened]... y slow to reduce usage of these neonicotinoids, and so the problem remains widespread in the US.
    Hasn't your text simply confirmed my own? Although its notable that mine is certainly more beautifully crafted and almost poetic compared to your rather stark matter of fact unembellished caustic diatribe. Why you feel the necessity to berate people for expressing their thoughts is of course more a reflection of you than the people you seek to vilify. You have need of some comfort in your life because you sound so thoroughly stressed out and frustrated.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 May '16 12:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I did find this, Clorex pool and spa supplies but don't see how you could use them in an enema:

http://www.clorexpools.com.au/
    If one is properly motivated ANYTHING can become an enema.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 May '16 12:30
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    If one is properly motivated ANYTHING can become an enema.
    No doubt it's all be tried. Some are just anal that way. 😉
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 May '16 23:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I was in a garden yesterday almost dumbstruck but the splendour of the flowers, honestly it was like an explosion of colour and fragrance. I could not locate a single bee and I was shaken from my euphoria and struck by a sense of doom. Where have all the bees gone? It was ominous man! I mulled it over in my mind, I had read about a parasite but the ...[text shortened]... s, air pollution! and I found myself really wondering about government and conflict of interest.
    That's the spirit! See how the omens just stimulate the already-present bubbles in your head? They tell us what we already know. Sometimes we just need to hear it. Nothing magic about that.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '16 04:01
    Nemos

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree