On an American Dollar it says

On an American Dollar it says"In God we Trust"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
09 Feb 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
So what? You wanna fight about it?

Blame it on Ike.
No, blame it on Abraham Lincoln.
Ike did the Pledge of Allegiance.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Feb 15

Originally posted by caissad4
Well, I learned something today. I had thought it was Ike as well.

http://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages/in-god-we-trust.aspx

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Feb 15

Originally posted by caissad4
Abe did coins.

Ike did paper money.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
09 Feb 15

Originally posted by The Gravedigger
I once visited a ranch in Texas.
The rancher told me he could get in his car, drive all day and he would still be on his own land.
I said yes, I used to have a car like that.
LOL

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Feb 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Abe did coins.

Ike did paper money.
You've been listening to too many atheists in the Spirituality forum. We blame it on Ike because he's more recent, and we're trying to undermine the idea that "In God We Trust" on money is a long-standing American tradition.

(See how we are?!)

Moves
09 Feb 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
You've been listening to too many atheists in the Spirituality forum. We blame it on Ike because he's more recent, and we're trying to undermine the idea that "In God We Trust" on money is a long-standing American tradition.

(See how we are?!)
In any case, there's clearly an 'l' missing.

Moves
09 Feb 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem

(See how we are?!)
About coins and paper: Suzianne is right.

But don't let the facts get in the way of bashing atheists.

""In God We Trust" was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956 as an alternative or replacement to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, which was adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782.[1][2] Secularists have expressed objections to its use, and have sought to have the religious reference removed from the currency.[3]

"In God we trust" first appeared on U.S. coins in 1864[4] and has appeared on paper currency since 1957. A law passed by the 84th Congress (P.L. 84-140) and approved by the President on July 30, 1956, the President approved a Joint Resolution of the 84th Congress, declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States. IN GOD WE TRUST was first used on paper money in 1957, when it appeared on the one-dollar silver certificate. The first paper currency bearing the motto entered circulation on October 1, 1957 [5]"

wikipedia

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Feb 15

Originally posted by redbadger
ON A BRITISH NOTE THERE IS A PICTURE OF CHARLES DARWIN says it all really.....
In the United States of America the Motto on Currency has sadly devolved to ["In Government We Trust"].