1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 21:47
    I mean, you guys do nothing but complain about how you can't stand it in this place here and you don't have the guts just to walk out? What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average a$$hole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 23:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I mean, you guys do nothing but complain about how you can't stand it in this place here and you don't have the guts just to walk out? What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average a$$hole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it.
    Hey dude! Is that "Chrissake" in vain? Oh no! I can't believe this! How can it be? Dive, you went and did it didn't you?

Am I going crazy? Should I quit this site now? 😉
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 23:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    Hey dude! Is that "Chrissake" in vain? Oh no! I can't believe this! How can it be? Dive, you went and did it didn't you?

Am I going crazy? Should I quit this site now? 😉
    It's a quote from the movie doofus.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 23:47
    Dive,
    Is everyone suppose to know that was a quote from a movie? I certainly didn't! One would have to be a movie junkie I would think.

Regards,
    -VR
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 23:50
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Dive,
    Is everyone suppose to know that was a quote from a movie? I certainly didn't! One would have to be a movie junkie I would think.

Regards,
    -VR
    Well, you know now Mr Cheswick.

Shall we continue?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 00:101 edit
    Well, you know now Mr Cheswick.

Shall we continue?
    Dive,
    I have no idea what or who you are talking about!

Continue if must, try explain what you are talking about and what movie the quote is from?

Some of us are not Movie Junkies. 😉

Regards,
    -VR
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 00:15
    Mmmmmmm....juicyfruit.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 00:16
    Dive,
    I have no idea what or who you are talking about!

Continue if must, try explain what you are talking about and what movie the quote is from?

Some of us are not Movie Junkies. 😉

Regards,
    -VR
    Clue: Note the thread title. It refers to a movie based on a book.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 00:531 edit
    It's obviously wittier not to put it in quotes so that it's application to the goings on here on this forum is thrown into ironic sharp relief. Your failure to realize this - for what you probably see as being your own 'good' reasons - and your dreary two-post droning about how you didn't get it - will soon be covered up by forum traffic and eventually forgotten, although the general impression people have of you will most likely remain unaffected by this incident. 😉
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 00:53
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Clue: Note the thread title. It refers to a movie based on a book.
    Andy,
    Then why not just put the book title.

Regards,
    -VR
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 00:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's obviously wittier not to put it in quotes so that it's application to the goings on here on this forum is thrown into ironic sharp relief. Your failure to realize this - for what you probably see as being your own 'good' reasons - and your dreary two-post droning about how you didn't get it - will soon be covered up by forum traffic and eventually forgotten ...[text shortened]... he general impression people have of you will most likely remain unaffected by this incident. 😉
    Sir,
    I'd be more concerned if I were you about what the general impression people have of you are. Don't be concerned about me. I'll do just fine thank you for your concern. 😉 It wouldn't be the first thing I didn't know, or the last I am sure. By page 2 people will have forgotten. Most could really care less. 😉

Regards,
    -VR
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 01:00
    It wouldn't be the first thing I didn't know, or the last I am sure. By page 2 people will have forgotten. Most could really care less. 😉
    My point exactly.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 01:01
    Andy,
    It's now a dreary three-post droning about how you didn't get it. 😛
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 01:041 edit
    Andy,

Regards,
    -VR
    The title is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."
    The book is by Ken Kesey, the movie stars Jack Nicholson.
    You would enjoy either, or both.

Edit: There was also a play, but let's not complicate things.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 01:121 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The title is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."
    The book is by Ken Kesey, the movie stars Jack Nicholson.
    You would enjoy either, or both.
    It is an excellent example of an excellent film that measures up excellently against the excellent novel it's based on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree