One flew over the General Forum

One flew over the General Forum

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
He might be referring to your peculiar blend of pomposity and cowardice. 😛
Well, at least I don't need an accomplice to bolster my courage.

Pomposity and cowardice? That's a pompous and cowardly thing to say in light of anonymity. I don't need to prove a thing to you or your buddy divegeester.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
14 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
It's now a dreary [b]three-post droning about how you didn't get it. 😛[/b]
Indeed now we know he's not a "movie junkie" or a book junkie, as if enjoying (good) movies and books is a shame..........

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Aug 16

Originally posted by divegeester
In a way that you are not entirely comfortable with and subsequently feel the need to back away from by either disappearing from the thread or, as in this case, blaming some sort of supernatural being (a genie) for influencing you.
What do you know? You're being presumptuous at best.

The genie comment was made in jest, but now you and your cohort are going to take it and run with it and reveal your true natures. Just keep it coming.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Aug 16

Originally posted by Ravello
Indeed now we know he's not a "movie junkie" or a book junkie, as if enjoying (good) movies and books is a shame..........
Do you feel empowered joining forces with FMF and divegeester in making presumptuous character assassinations against anyone the disagrees with your beliefs?

It is said a threefold cord is not easily broken. Apparently the three of you have nothing better to do with your time than to heap ridicule.

F

Moves
14 Aug 16

Originally posted by josephw
Pomposity and cowardice? That's a pompous and cowardly thing to say in light of anonymity.
I don't think so. It's just my opinion. It's based on your posting record. You have also expressed candid opinions about me and my posting record. It's all good, josephw. Anonymity has nothing to do with it. 😉

F

Moves
14 Aug 16

Do you feel empowered joining forces with FMF and divegeester in making presumptuous character assassinations against anyone the disagrees with your beliefs? It is said a threefold cord is not easily broken. Apparently the three of you have nothing better to do with your time than to heap ridicule.
You perceive there to be a conspiracy against you?

Moves
14 Aug 16

What do you know? You're being presumptuous at best.

The genie comment was made in jest, but now you and your cohort are going to take it and run with it and reveal your true natures. Just keep it coming.
I'm commenting on exactly what you post and have posted in this thread.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Aug 16

Ravello,
IF you happen to be refering to what I said about not being a Movie Junkie. Where did I say there was any shame in it? I just said I was not a Movie Junkie, and had not read the book, thats it!

Regards,
-VR

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
14 Aug 16

Maybe I'm wrong, not being an english native speaker, but i always knew that junkie is not much of a compliment...............again, maybe i got it wrong........

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Aug 16
1 edit

Maybe I'm wrong, not being an english native speaker, but i always knew that junkie is not much of a compliment...............again, maybe i got it wrong........
Ravello,
I speak the language, but anyone can tell you my grammar and spelling aren't always great. I never thought being called a Movie Junkie was an insult, just a fact. Some can tell you about movies from back in the 60's, 70's and who starred in them. Now calling someone a "Junkie" wouldn't be nice. Usually refers to drugs.

I certainly couldn't do that. Once Andy told me what Dive was talking about. It all came back to me. I really should have gotten that one. I had actually watched that movie, thought it was a great movie. One Jack Nicholsons best performances in my opinion.

Regards,
VR

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
14 Aug 16

on this one we agree, it is a grat movie indeed, maybe one of the rare cases in which the movie competes with the book thanks to the extraordinary interpretation of Nicholson.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Aug 16

on this one we agree, it is a grat movie indeed, maybe one of the rare cases in which the movie competes with the book thanks to the extraordinary interpretation of Nicholson.
Rav,
There we go, could be a first and last time we ever agree. 😉

Regards,
-VR

w

Moves
15 Aug 16

Originally posted by divegeester
I mean, you guys do nothing but complain about how you can't stand it in this place here and you don't have the guts just to walk out? What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average a$$hole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it.
I was having a great time up until this thread. 😞

Moves
15 Aug 16

Have you read and seen The World According to Garp? There was another movie that closely followed the book.

Moves
15 Aug 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Ravello,
I speak the language, but anyone can tell you my grammar and spelling aren't always great. I never thought being called a Movie Junkie was an insult, just a fact. Some can tell you about movies from back in the 60's, 70's and who starred in them. Now calling someone a "Junkie" wouldn't be nice. Usually refers to drugs.

I certainl ...[text shortened]... ught it was a great movie. One Jack Nicholsons best performances in my opinion.

Regards,
VR
Yes it's not necessarily an insult.

Dictionary.com

1. a drug addict, especially one addicted to heroin.
2. a person with an insatiable craving for something:
a chocolate junkie.
3. an enthusiastic follower; fan; devotee:
a baseball junkie.