One thing you would do differently

One thing you would do differently

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gothenburg

Moves
122d

@drewnogal said
@divegeester

I would never, EVER have started smoking and drinking cider at 14!

I’d not have felt so low in mood, would have spent my lunch money on a school lunch and thus had the brain power to work a whole day at school instead of hanging around the park most afternoons smoking cigarettes with my other moody, truanting friends.
I would do better at school.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
122d

I would have been a more attentive parent in my early years of parenthood.

But then, like Torunn noted; what would that have changed: a lot. It would have changed a lot. And the person I was in my early 20's didn't have what I needed to be an attentive parent. I did the best I could with what I had at the time. I was 30 before I had what I needed in myself to be an attentive parent. And part of that was because I was seeing why I needed to change, because I hadn't been attentive....

I think as long as we're learning, we're doing okay.

Moves
122d

The “hands of time” can’t be changed. What can be is one’s approach and learn from what happened in the past. A “new day” most often offers hope.πŸ‘

mlb62

Moves
122d

@divegeester said
As we approach the end of the year of our Lord 2023 AD and we look back on our whole lives, if you could change one thing or one decision you have made, what would it be?
buy gold....

Gothenburg

Moves
122d

@yo-its-me said
I would have been a more attentive parent in my early years of parenthood.

But then, like Torunn noted; what would that have changed: a lot. It would have changed a lot. And the person I was in my early 20's didn't have what I needed to be an attentive parent. I did the best I could with what I had at the time. I was 30 before I had what I needed in myself to be an atten ...[text shortened]... change, because I hadn't been attentive....

I think as long as we're learning, we're doing okay.
When I was young, a job meant everything, that's where one's loyalties were, and as a young parent I continued that way - my job set the rules. When I had grandchildren, I had matured enough to question my work responsibilities and started prioritizing family. And when I had my great-granddaughter, it was all about the child, nothing else mattered. It took three generations to get the perspective right.

Über-Nerd

Moves
122d
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Yeah, and I'm sure the hard hat was just not Prada ! I understand the ridicule, really I do. I was a nerd all through high school and do you think that cheerleader, Bonny Creamcheese with the huge bazookas, looked even once at a math-wiz in the chess club ?

😡

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
122d
1 edit

@suzianne said
I was 16. I was young and naive. I was sheltered at home and treated like a princess as I was an only child.

I'm not a horrible judge of character, but he was different then. Kind. Not bossy, never lost his temper. Then things changed overnight.

Nevertheless, it was a string of circumstances started by my running off with him. It was a bad idea all the way around ...[text shortened]... etter person? I don't know. Maybe. But I honestly don't think so. And hindsight is always 20/20.
Suzianne,
You may have been young and naive. Here is the thing though he was just putting on an act with you until he got you to fall for him, then his true self appeared. He was always like that, just never showed you is all. Things just don't change over night. We were all young and naive once, some of us grew up and others didn't. πŸ™‚

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
122d
3 edits

@very-rusty said
Suzianne,
You may have been young and naive. Here is the thing though he was just putting on an act with you until he got you to fall for him, then his true self appeared. He was always like that, just never showed you is all. Things just don't change over night. We were all young and naive once, some of us grew up and others didn't. πŸ™‚

-VR
Things may not change over night,, but his behavior might have done so. Abused women often testify that the first blow came out of nowhere and they should have left their and then.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
122d

@mlb62 said
buy gold....
You know I was told to buy when it was 50.00 an ounce, and didn't do it! πŸ™

-VR

Moves
122d

?si=GKIBk3M9FEx1SOez

F

Moves
122d

@divegeester said
if you could change one thing or one decision you have made, what would it be?
It's interesting to read people talking about money matters in this context. It didn't occur to me to do so. I don't think I look back at [1] my life and [2] money in that way.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
122d

@very-rusty said
Suzianne,

-VR
Well, there's more to it than that, but I'm not going to get into it again here.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
122d

@a-unique-nickname said
https://youtu.be/xj5yNxU7GZs?si=GKIBk3M9FEx1SOez
Are you still in touch with plabbit?

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
122d

@suzianne said
Well, there's more to it than that, but I'm not going to get into it again here.
No one can fully understand a relationship they weren't part of

F

Moves
122d

@yo-its-me said
No one can fully understand a relationship they weren't part of
And this fact is one of the stanchions of the inexhaustible supply and unquenchable demand for novels in the romantic fiction genre!