Opinions, 2013

Opinions, 2013

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
10 Dec 12

I don't know, but I assume not. I'm on mountain time. Have you tried? You don't have to alter the default search settings in order to see the posts you made today?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Dec 12
2 edits

9) Professional exception that runs contrary to the generalities expressed in 4) would be those anointed few whose clandestine mission demands anonymity. Concealed diplomatic moles and other invisible figures of spycraft are macro examples; micro examples should become readily apparent to most anyone exposed to internet protocols and, particularly, with interactive web sites.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
11 Dec 12
2 edits

10) I am still fuming over the realization that I will never taste the wholesome goodness of a chocolate creme-filled Twinkie.

11) Never had a deep-fried Twinkie at the state fair either. Let's face it, I got gypped in this life. I'm going to have a serious talk with You-Know-Who about this in the afterlife. I want reparations. 😠

12) And don't even bother accusing me of being bigoted toward Gypsies.

b

Moves
11 Dec 12

Twinkies! Another hypefest; gave the media something to talk about for days. The last twinkies being sold on ebay, blah, blah. Hostess went bankrupt because people weren't buying; their sales were way down. Low revenue and high overhead. There's a bit of a contradiction there. If so many people loved twinkies, why didn't they buy them???

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
12 Dec 12

Originally posted by breakerofwind
Twinkies! Another hypefest; gave the media something to talk about for days. The last twinkies being sold on ebay, blah, blah. Hostess went bankrupt because people weren't buying; their sales were way down. Low revenue and high overhead. There's a bit of a contradiction there. If so many people loved twinkies, why didn't they buy them???
No. Hostess went bankrupt because the unions refused to negotiate. Now all the union members are sitting at home, jobless. And Hostess is out of business.

Yay unions!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Dec 12

13) Ezra Pound, the expatriated poet, nailed it: "A tawdry cheapness shall outlast our days".
-

Read a book!

Moves
12 Dec 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]13) Ezra Pound, the expatriated poet, nailed it: "A tawdry cheapness shall outlast our days".[/b]
14) He nailed it for the pessimists.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Dec 12

15) "No" is one of the most powerful and curious words in the English Language. Its timely use spells freedom from unwanted bondage in virtually all of life’s venues. The tiny word is also used, nowadays, as a replacement for 'Yes': 'No Problem' or 'Not a Problem', implying that you or your request may well have created one. Whatever happened to 'Why sure', '‘Be my pleasure' and 'Sweet Baby Jane'?
-