1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 13:491 edit
    Opinions, 2013

1) Imagine Red Hot Pawn without the ladies. Ouch! Though close competition and camaraderie with guys are fantastic I, for one, much prefer flowing smiles and understated perfume to locker room bravado and liniment; 2) People who know better, all too often, find themselves talking at each other rather than to or with each other. What a colossal shame to miss out on fleeting opportunities for rapport and intimacy which (if not seized) are lost forever; 3) Leeches, Vacuum Cleaners and the 2013 Fiscal Cliff suck!; 4) One of the greatest of all human fears is the fear of being found out. And, believe it or not, best place to stash secrets and skeletons is prominently in a public place. That's why excessive posing; clowning around; distractive body language, nervously looking to the left and right, are so common; 5) Human nature being what it is, people often criticize shortcomings and faults in others which are, in fact, shortcomings and faults of their own; 6) Among the most memorable words ever spoken is Pushkin's sententious observation, "How do I know what I think until I see what I write?"; and 7) Life is an incredible layover between the womb and eternity.

Few of yours?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 14:011 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Opinions, 2013

1) Imagine Red Hot Pawn without the ladies. Ouch! Though close competition and camaraderie with guys are fantastic I, for one, much prefer flowing smiles and understated perfume to locker room bravado and liniment; 2) People who know better, all too often, find themselves talking at each other rather than to or wit and 7) Life is an incredible layover between the womb and eternity.

Few of yours?[/b]
    I like films where ladies are minimal, the good the bad and the ugly for example, its
    not a macho thing, i dunno, cigar smoking and tobacco chewin ladies are not that
    appealing. It appears to me that there has been a kind of role reversal, take Captain
    Jack Sparrow as an example, most effeminate pirate evah and in contrast, his
    counterpart Penelope Cruz was way more macho, not content unless she was slashing
    every poor sea going fellow in sight with the edge of her sword.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 14:10
    At the beginning, people are only afraid to look like a fool. But it's a false fear. Real fear is that of death. When they enter certain age, they only want to live for ever. In the meantime - whilst they still can feel wind in the hair - they think they can change something...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 14:141 edit
    Women - both in film and real life - have only one task: to be pretty. There is a rule, no - there is a law for women:::::

...........- Ladies, be good if you want, be smart if you can, but pretty - that you absolutely must be.

/said by Russian cosmetologist, an old woman, refugee from October Revolution; noted down in Belgrade 1929./
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 14:18
    Its often good to try new things
    but
    be loyal to the things you like.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    unless
    it damages you permanently.

Money doesn't buy happiness
    although
    neither does poverty.

There are too many people, and that is the reason for most of our problems.
    We are a plague on mother earth, and we'll probably spread the disease throughout the solar system and then the galaxy and then the universe. Hopefully before then we'll mutate into something less harmful.

Life sucks and then you die,
    but
    coffee is good.

Trusting in folks is a bad idea,
    but
    we have to do it anyway.

Buy local! Avoid Martian products.
  6. Standard memberWestside Mobster
    The King of Detroit
    The Jungle
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 14:41
    Eat, drink and be merry
    It's so simple, it may sound scary,
    Always try to maintain good health
    Because without it, there's no point in wealth
    Triumph over pain, and live through the hurt
    Because in the end, the destination, is 6 feet in the dirt.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 14:50
    [b]Opinions, 2013

1) Imagine Red Hot Pawn without the ladies. Ouch! Though close competition and camaraderie with guys are fantastic I, for one, much prefer flowing smiles and understated perfume to locker room bravado and liniment; 2) People who know better, all too often, find themselves talking at each other rather than to or wit ...[text shortened]... and 7) Life is an incredible layover between the womb and eternity.

Few of yours?[/b]
    Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 15:36
    8) E4... E5 and D4... D5 opening moves are overrated. Flank attacks and defenses have merit and, also, hold appeal.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 15:59
    [b]8) E4... E5 and D4... D5 opening moves are overrated. Flank attacks and defenses have merit and, also, hold appeal.[/b]
    its the equivalent of instead of climbing to the precipice of the mountainous region, sneaking around the side 🙂
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 16:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its the equivalent of instead of climbing to the precipice of the mountainous region, sneaking around the side 🙂
    😞
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 16:221 edit
    😞
    lol, cheer up, my analogy was not so bad, ok it was, but even so 🙂
  12. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 16:34
    If at first you DO succeed, try to hide your astonishment.

Don't marry for money - you can borrow it cheaper.

Never underestimate the courage of the French - it was they who discovered snails are edible.

One of the problems of having an hour-glass figure is that the sands of time always end up in the lower half.

No two people are alike, and chances are, both of them are glad of it.

The 3-day weekend was created because it's impossible to cram all the bad weather into 2 days.

(These were not my original opinions, but just sent to me by my old school chum).
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 21:36
    8) Castling early and often is underrated.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:15
    The search function won't catch today's posts unless you search through tomorrow. Seems a bit odd, in my >opinion<.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 05:33
    Originally posted by apathist
    The search function won't catch today's posts unless you search through tomorrow. Seems a bit odd, in my >opinion<.
    GMT difference?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree