The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'd thought as much.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 11:34
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    In fact as an Inventor with patents I have proof to have had "original thoughts".

But then the Problem is how to measure "originality". That there is a Problem of Definition can be seen by a glance at the Posts in this thread...
    So even though I like to think of my self as an originalthinker I might not be seen as such by others. Who is the Person to judge ?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 11:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ah now, hang on a minute. When exactly did you have this thought?
    When I was studying an astronomy 101 book, where they talked about the bending of light around the sun, the famous experiment 110 years ago where they photographed a star that was not in the right position because Sol's gravity had bent the path the light from that sun would have taken had Sol not been there.

I looked at it and thought, what if we had a star on the exact opposite side of the sun, and I drew a diagram, well, I thought it could either go to the exact angle of the first star or it could converge and go to an angle that would have had those light paths intersect,

So I figured the light from a star at the opposite end of Sol would bend inwards just as the light from a star that was actually photographed and so I used a bit of trig to see where the light paths would intersect, which was about 90 billion Km away from Sol, roughly 1000 AU (where Pluto clocks in at about 43 AU. A good distance away from Sol.
    This was about 15 years ago.) I went on to analyse that effect further. I noted a lot of things you could do with those facts. Too long to enumerate here.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 11:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This was about 15 years ago.
    Oh alright then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree