1. rebel city
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 11:20
    I can now only remember this one which is amongst several others, written in the Oscar Wilde vessel that brought me from Cherbourg in France to Rosslare in Ireland in Dec 2012:

I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. 🙂
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 11:31
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    I can now only remember this one which is amongst several others, written in the Oscar Wilde vessel that brought me from Cherbourg in France to Rosslare in Ireland in Dec 2012:

I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. 🙂
    "I see when men love women. They give them but a little of their lives. But women when they love give everything." -Oscar Wilde / "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." -Oscar Wilde / "True friends stab you in the front." -Oscar Wilde / "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." -Oscar Wilde

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde / "How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being." -Oscar Wilde http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/oscar_wilde.html
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 13:07
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 19:112 edits
    “A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.” -Oscar Wilde / “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you.” -Oscar Wilde / “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.” -Oscar Wilde / “The very essence of romance is uncertainty.” -Oscar Wilde / “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” -Oscar Wilde / "Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” -Oscar Wilde / “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” -Oscar Wilde

http://quotesnsmiles.com/quotes/70-brilliant-oscar-wilde-quotes/
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 20:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. rebel city
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 21:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. rebel city
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 21:191 edit
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    - Oscar Wilde
  8. rebel city
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 21:28
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    “A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.” -Oscar Wilde / “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you.” -Oscar Wilde / “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.” -Oscar Wilde / “The very ess ...[text shortened]... you can hear.” -Oscar Wilde

http://quotesnsmiles.com/quotes/70-brilliant-oscar-wilde-quotes/
    I love everything he said in these quotes, except this one here, which I don't agree because when we are true friends, we are always happy with their success, no matter what:
    “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.” -Oscar Wilde
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 22:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That was Hunter S. Thompson.
  10. In the ****
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 14:41
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Oscar Wilde
  11. rebel city
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 21:171 edit
    He was such a rebel:

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
    - Oscar Wilde
  12. rebel city
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 21:22
    Isn't this true:

“Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.”
    - Oscar Wilde
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 21:33
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    Isn't this true:

“Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.”
    - Oscar Wilde
    only dull people are brilliant at breakfast(I eat drink and drive to work before I wake up)
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 08:18
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 23:253 edits
    “I don’t want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.” -Oscar Wilde

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree