1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 14:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    I know all about the economies of BRICS. I live in a country that many commentators are now adding to the list when they talk about energing economies with big markets. I can see how this can affect the music industry, but I am curious as to how you think it has or can "improve the music industry in these countries" or what any of this has to do with Bruna Viola.
    I read up on BRICS and was surprised to note the combined GNP is less than the US, clocking in at around 14 trillion US.

That is for 3 billion people. Which means the average take per person would be about 1/10th that of the US for each worker, considering the US population is 1/10th of all of BRICS.

Everything should get better and of course the music industry would benefit as well as the rest.

FMF, what country do you live in? You said you were in one of those countries, Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    FMF, what country do you live in? You said you were in one of those countries, Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa?
    Indonesia.

edit: "BRIICS: Brazil, Russia, India, Indonesia, China, South Africa"
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 15:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Indonesia.
    Nice. I worked in Thailand for a few years back in the day, loved it.

I wonder if they still are blocking the internet there, one of my buddies, Mikelom is his handle at RHP, I haven't heard from in weeks. He may have lost the net.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 15:171 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Nice. I worked in Thailand for a few years back in the day, loved it.

I wonder if they still are blocking the internet there, one of my buddies, Mikelom is his handle at RHP, I haven't heard from in weeks. He may have lost the net.
    As far as I know, most countries in this part of the world have pretty much unfettered internet access and activity. Indonesia has the most social media something-or-others in the world after USA and Brazil and when the ballooning middle class REALLY get their grips into credit cards and starts BUYING stuff online rather than just chitchatting about it [and assuming corruption in the postal service can be wiped out], then this market is going to go mental.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 16:51
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Christ on a crutch 😞
    As painful as he is to others, imagine that manifold hurt/anger in his solitary wee hours of the morning.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 17:121 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree