1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 05:35
    Originally posted by e4chris
    People are less judgemental / more perceptive when they're young...?
    I thought you were talking about Myers Briggs profiling, but now you seem to be making sweeping generalisations.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 06:53
    "Carl Jung's theory of psychological types says each person is "wired" with different tendencies and preferences."

To me that suggests that psychological types are innate and can only be modified "on the margins", for example, you can study the classifications of each answer and attempt to modify your behaviour patterns somewhat. I believe the same goes for IQ, you really can't change it all that much. I once tutored an IQ-85 for a couple of months with a view to her passing a particular job entry test; we found that with a lot of work we could get her to 95 (although not to 100, no matter what we did) and that a three-day break would drop her back to 90, a week and she was 85 again. We were using a very large book of reputable standard IQ tests which the employer was also using.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 11:231 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    "Carl Jung's theory of psychological types says each person is "wired" with different tendencies and preferences."

To me that suggests that psychological types are innate and can only be modified "on the margins", for example, you can study the classifications of each answer and attempt to modify your behaviour patterns somewhat. I believe the same goes f sing a very large book of reputable standard IQ tests which the employer was also using.
    Additionally, significant personality behavioral change can't be imposed externally. Internal renovation is required to transform norms and standards, points of view, hypersensitivities to self, insensitivity to others, values and priorities. As either Will Rogers or Mark Twain observed, 'We're all ignorant on different subjects': IQ, such as it is, may be applied to greater or lesser degrees depending on the motivation and work ethic of the individual. Also, High IQ often lacks consistently sound judgment in practical matters (as is the case with my daughter, Heidi Lynn, whose tests have exceeded 165).
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 12:27
    And "WE" need this why?
  5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Additionally, significant personality behavioral change can't be imposed externally. Internal renovation is required to transform norms and standards, points of view, hypersensitivities to self, insensitivity to others, values and priorities. As either Will Rogers or Mark Twain observed, 'We're all ignorant on different subjects': IQ, such as it is, may ...[text shortened]... ctical matters (as is the case with my daughter, Heidi Lynn, whose tests have exceeded 165).
    I understand every word you say but not put together like that... 🙂
  6. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 15:05
    ENFP, but I've taken that test before.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 15:14
    Originally posted by lolof
    I understand every word you say but not put together like that... 🙂
    Maybe in your own words: "....
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 15:36
    Maybe in your own words: "....
    Let me try.

Personality behavioral change bla bla bla hypersensitivities to self bla bla bla Will Rogers
    or Mark Twain bla bla bla Heidi Lynn, whose tests have exceeded bla bla bla...

How's that?
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 15:42
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Let me try.

Personality behavioral change bla bla bla hypersensitivities to self bla bla bla Will Rogers

How's that?
    I get everything but the bla bla bla. Is that Swedish?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 18:442 edits
    Let me try.

How's that?
    My only daughter would not take too kindly to her name and person
    being appropriated for an ill tempered rant and public derision.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 20:461 edit
    My only daughter would not take too kindly to her name and person
    being appropriated for an ill tempered rant and public derision.
    Your only daughter? It was you who injected her name, not me.

Ill temper? I was merely trying to translate your turgid gobbledygook.

Is it an excerpt from Finnegans Wake?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 21:222 edits
    Your only daughter? It was you who injected her name, not me.

Ill temper? I was merely trying to translate your turgid gobbledygook.

Is it an excerpt from Finnegans Wake?
    "Also, High IQ often lacks consistently sound judgment in practical matters (as is the case with my daughter, Heidi Lynn, whose tests have exceeded 165)." (original reply)

"Let me try.

How's that?" (HandyAndy)

The reply is on topic; there's absolutely no cause for the illustration of its closing comment which references one of my two children to provoke disrespect. Neither her age, nor race or gender provide justification for an unthinking, crude reply.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 21:33
    The reply is on topic; there's absolutely no cause for the illustration of its closing comment which references one of my two children to provoke disrespect. Neither her age, nor race or gender provide justification for an unthinking, crude reply.
    I agree. Why do you continue to embarrass her in public?
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 22:11
    Hasn't IQ been shown to be a rather poor method of measuring intelligence anyway? I'm not sure that quoting IQ scores, high or low has any usefulness at all. They might be a fun diversion, but don't reflect the latest research on intelligence.
  15. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    13 Sep '13 00:15
    Additionally, significant personality behavioral change can't be imposed externally. Internal renovation is required to transform norms and standards, points of view, hypersensitivities to self, insensitivity to others, values and priorities. As either Will Rogers or Mark Twain observed, 'We're all ignorant on different subjects': IQ, such as it is, may ...[text shortened]... ctical matters (as is the case with my daughter, Heidi Lynn, whose tests have exceeded 165).
    I'm not sure how Myers Briggs and IQ relate, it does measure 'geekness' but not intelligence, I know its used to fit people into the right jobs. Worked for me, I didn't think much of the test when I took it, but the profile was so uncanny and most people thought so.

This is a great website for describing the different types - doesn't have the test but the profiles are great -

> http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree