1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    13 Sep '13 20:45
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    "Carl Jung's theory of psychological types says each person is "wired" with different tendencies and preferences."

To me that suggests that psychological types are innate and can only be modified "on the margins", for example, you can study the classifications of each answer and attempt to modify your behaviour patterns somewhat. I believe the same goes f ...[text shortened]... sing a very large book of reputable standard IQ tests which the employer was also using.
    I applied for a job as recruitment consultant once and was told in the interview that they need to give IT geeks very clear directions so they didn't get lost on the way to interviews was a problem apparently so IQ and common sense...
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '13 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by e4chris

I'm not sure how Myers Briggs and IQ relate, it does measure 'geekness' but not intelligence, I know its used to fit people into the right jobs. Worked for me, I didn't think much of the test when I took it, but the profile was so uncanny and most people thought so.

This is a great website for describing the different types - doesn't have the test but the profiles are great -

> http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

🙂
    Thank you. I'll save it for opportunities that may come along.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 02:152 edits
    IQ and personality. I'm pretty sure the higher the IQ the more abrasive the personality. 😕

Yeah, I want to give some random site my email address so I can take a personality test and other tests. 😕

I guess I'm the only one smart enough not to fall for this phishing trap.

Shame on you
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 04:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Additionally, significant personality behavioral change can't be imposed externally. Internal renovation is required to transform norms and standards, points of view, hypersensitivities to self, insensitivity to others, values and priorities. As either Will Rogers or Mark Twain observed, 'We're all ignorant on different subjects': IQ, such as it is, may ...[text shortened]... ctical matters (as is the case with my daughter, Heidi Lynn, whose tests have exceeded 165).
    High IQ often lacks consistently sound judgment in practical matters

Wo, dude, my IQ must be so high it's off the charts! In matters pertaining to the lack of sound judgement in practical matters I have few equals!

whoop whoop whoop whoop, oh yeah...
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 04:27
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    IQ and personality. I'm pretty sure the higher the IQ the more abrasive the personality. 😕
    Oh yeah? Says who? 😠
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 04:53
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Oh yeah? Says who? 😠
    The long diagonal said so. 🙂
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 00:48
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Actually my IQ(144) is below Genius Level (145) 🙁
    Yeah but that's metric. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree