General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    14 Oct '09
    Moves
    8592
    01 Feb '13 04:37
    Under what circumstances might a player be banned from the site?
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    50664
    01 Feb '13 04:44
    Originally posted by Barry Miller
    Under what circumstances might a player be banned from the site?
    Did you do something you shouldn't have?
  3. Joined
    14 Oct '09
    Moves
    8592
    01 Feb '13 04:47
    Not me-Someone I was playing.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    50664
    01 Feb '13 05:051 edit
    Originally posted by Barry Miller
    Not me-Someone I was playing.
    What did he do?

    EDIT: Careful what you say. No IDs.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322194
    01 Feb '13 07:35
    Site bans are usually given for a major breach of the Terms of Service (link at bottom of page), the commonest reasons are 3(a) multiple accounts being used to manipulate ratings or some such; 3(b) use of computer engines to assist in play; 3(c) gross harassment of another player or players. I'm sure there are other reasons but back in the day when they used to publish the Banned Players List those reasons were the only ones ever given.
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    50664
    01 Feb '13 07:40
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Site bans are usually given for a major breach of the Terms of Service (link at bottom of page), the commonest reasons are 3(a) multiple accounts being used to manipulate ratings or some such; 3(b) use of computer engines to assist in play; 3(c) gross harassment of another player or players. I'm sure there are other reasons but back in the day when they used to publish the Banned Players List those reasons were the only ones ever given.
    Why did someone say you had the most offensive player name on the site? You were in on the thread.
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    01 Feb '13 11:10
    Originally posted by Barry Miller
    Under what circumstances might a player be banned from the site?
    are you any relation to Barry George?
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322194
    01 Feb '13 11:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    are you any relation to Barry George?
    Because he shares a first name?
  9. Joined
    14 Oct '09
    Moves
    8592
    04 Feb '13 05:07
    No, I'm not.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    04 Feb '13 05:32
    Are you bigger than a breadbox?
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322194
    04 Feb '13 06:52
    What are you on about CP?
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    04 Feb '13 07:02
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    What are you on about CP?
    The most common reference to breadboxes is the phrase "Is it bigger than a breadbox?" when trying to guess what some surprise object may be. This question was popularized by Steve Allen on the American game show What's My Line? and remains a popular question in the parlor game 20 Questions.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322194
    04 Feb '13 07:18
    It's an interesting question, because breadboxes differ from house to house, let alone country to country. Maybe you should go for "is it bigger than a microwave?" instead.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    04 Feb '13 07:221 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    It's an interesting question, because breadboxes differ from house to house, let alone country to country. Maybe you should go for "is it bigger than a microwave?" instead.
    But a microwave is a very small wave. Is it as big as a maxiwave?
    The first home home microwaves hit the market in 1967.


    believe it or not.

    http://www.smecc.org/micro1.jpg
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322194
    04 Feb '13 09:06
    I like that bottom-hinge design. All modern microwaves open the same way, to a left-hand hinge. Doesn't always suit.
Back to Top