Playing piano to blind elephant:

Playing piano to blind elephant:

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jul 18

IP

Moves
16 Jul 18

Brilliant. How could anyone not love elephants?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
[youtube]VOr2O0FfpT8[/youtube]
Excellent.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jul 18

Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
Brilliant. How could anyone not love elephants?
When I lived in Thailand, I lived up north near Chaing Rai near where the Karen tribe lived. I visited them and had cameras and such, walking down a path looking at the ground not paying attention to my surroundings and all of a sudden right in front of me was a massive bull elephant. We were both startled! We both backed up a bit but it was soon apparent no harm was intended by either party and we went on our way.

Then a few minutes later I saw another elephant on the side of a steep hillside scratching his back against what looked like a pitifully thin tree and the hill was something like 20 degrees tilt and said elephant was resting most of his weight on that slim tree! I thought he was going to come crashing down the hillside but the tree held and all was well🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Jul 18

I love it!

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
18 Jul 18

[youtube]VOr2O0FfpT8[/youtube]
Got to go and play piano to elephants. How moving is this!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Jul 18

Originally posted by @pianoman1
Got to go and play piano to elephants. How moving is this!
It really is moving. I wonder what the elephant would think of boogie woogie🙂

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
19 Jul 18

It really is moving. I wonder what the elephant would think of boogie woogie🙂
🙂 🙂

Moves
19 Jul 18

Were the piano keys made from ivory? Is that why they only play to blind elephants? Aren't they worried his sense of smell will be heightened and go on a revenge rampage?

Moves
19 Jul 18

Another elephant story, this time just outside national park in India near ooty. The park was huge but the area outside it was exactly the same as inside, of couse the elephants didn't know where the invisible line was so wondered around both inside and out of the park. Inside was obviously more regulated but outside not so much and it was possible to take a local unofficial guide and walk around to try and spot some of the various animals. Think i spent about 3 hours walking around or just waiting to see if an animal would walk around, saw a few deer, couple of rabbits and squirrels but nothing exciting, apparently they had tigers and every so often the guide would point at something and say a tiger had been there. Not the most exciting day out until near the end he heard some elephants in the bushes so we walked to a spot he said they would just walk past to the river and we could stand and see them go by. That plan appeared to be excellent, as a family of about 6-7 elephants walked past with a baby or two... until they decided to stop, turn and walk towards us. Me being a naive little tourist had his crappy 8 years ago phone out trying to take a picture and video of the elephants coming towards it. This all while the guide was going ballistic trying to get me to move incase the elephants saw us as a threat for their babies and ran at us. In the end we ran to another point and watch them go by, completely majestic.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
19 Jul 18

How many elephants can you fit in a 4 door sedan?

4....2 in the front 2 in the back!

How do you know there are 4 elephants in your house?

There's an empty sedan parked out front!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Jul 18

Originally posted by @uzless

You SO love being a thread spoiler don't you.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
20 Jul 18

Originally posted by @uzless

😀

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
22 Jul 18

You SO love being a thread spoiler don't you.
The lord giveth and the lord taketh away