1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '14 07:41
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Scotlands population never wanted to join and as a highlander I would be happy to see english season follow the grouse season 😀
    Lol we were betrayed MacT by Edinburgh those pansies voted No. The shame of it. Its just like them to bottle it. Glasgow voted Yes.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '14 07:42
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I agree that it's "not quite a victory", because it shows that almost half of the Scottish population are less than satisfied with the present arrangements. A real victory would have been 80/20 or 90/10, but 55/45 is a third-rate score.
    In a democratic voting process a 1% win is a "victory", both for the campaigners and the process itself.

The pleasing thing about this election is that the swing was driven by the youth of Scotland, indicating a refreshing social appetite for the future of maintaining the UK and the benefits this union brings us all.
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Sep '14 08:402 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In a democratic voting process a 1% win is a "victory", both for the campaigners and the process itself.

The pleasing thing about this election is that the swing was driven by the youth of Scotland, indicating a refreshing social appetite for the future of maintaining the UK and the benefits this union brings us all.
    The final votes are in:

Turnout : 84.5%

Yes: 44.7%
    No: 55.3%

I hereby declare HandAndy and Great Big Stees the joint winners of the turnout prediction and divegeester the winner of the result prediction.

As the result was the harder to predict, I hereby declare divegeester the overall winner.

Though not quite a victory.

😛
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    19 Sep '14 10:25
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    The final votes are in:

Turnout : 84.5%

Yes: 44.7%
    No: 55.3%

I hereby declare HandAndy and Great Big Stees the joint winners of the turnout prediction and divegeester the winner of the result prediction.

As the result was the harder to predict, I hereby declare divegeester the overall winner.

Though not quite a victory.

😛
    I predict the first minister will shortly resign
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Sep '14 12:06
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I agree that it's "not quite a victory", because it shows that almost half of the Scottish population are less than satisfied with the present arrangements. A real victory would have been 80/20 or 90/10, but 55/45 is a third-rate score.
    Now, or soon, the fun will begin with the Welsh, Northern Irelanders and the English going to want the same concessions promised by the current government to the Scots. I see a revolt coming or maybe three more referendums.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Sep '14 12:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol we were betrayed MacT by Edinburgh those pansies voted No. The shame of it. Its just like them to bottle it. Glasgow voted Yes.
    You have no grounds to complain about the result if you couldn't be bothered to vote yourself.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Sep '14 22:46
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Now, or soon, the fun will begin with the Welsh, Northern Irelanders and the English going to want the same concessions promised by the current government to the Scots. I see a revolt coming or maybe three more referendums.
    That is, if the UK follows through on the promises.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 00:41
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    It was pretty spot on actually. 55% is a win, but not quite a victory.
    🙄
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 11:17
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    🙄
    salmon got battered
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 12:05
    Originally posted by redbadger
    salmon got battered
    That's usually because on the way back to the spawning grounds they don't eat and often have to deal with rocks and swift currents. By the way, what do fish have to do with the thread's topic?😠
  11. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 15:02
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    That's usually because on the way back to the spawning grounds they don't eat and often have to deal with rocks and swift currents. By the way, what do fish have to do with the thread's topic?😠
    the ex first minister of Scotland Alex Salmond
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 19:47
    Originally posted by redbadger
    salmon got battered
    Salmond and his side kick Sturgeon never looked like winning .
    They both looked like fish out of the water ....
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 08:36
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Salmond and his side kick Sturgeon never looked like winning .
    They both looked like fish out of the water ....
    back of the net

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree