Predictions for Next 100 years

Predictions for Next 100 years

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am not a god.

Asgard

Moves
21 Nov 16

2018 Self-drive cars MUST have a ddriver by law.

2022 It becomes illegal to steer a self-drive car.

w

Moves
21 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Trickyt57

By 2022, not only will it be illegal to drive a car, your guns will be gone and to breath the air you will need a government permit.

To exhale you will need a government mandated anti-CO2 filter.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Nov 16
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey
By 2022, not only will it be illegal to drive a car, your guns will be gone and to breath the air you will need a government permit.

Providing mankind hasn't killed off itself before then.

Every single person on this site will be dead!!!

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Nov 16

Very improbable. If you had posted 2032 more probably and by 2052 maybe even true.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Nov 16

Originally posted by whodey

rubbish

gc

Moves
22 Nov 16

Same as it always was,self help is recommended

gc

Moves
22 Nov 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
Very improbable. If you had posted 2032 more probably and by 2052 maybe even true.
and btw I'll be in my prime

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Nov 16

By 2050, the emergence of intelligent robots will kill the medical profession since they will diagnoss illness 10 times more accurately and can perform surgeries taking many hours without tiring, the medical profession will be limited to the poor districts of counrties, outback, up north in Canada and so forth.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Nov 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
By 2050, the emergence of intelligent robots will kill the medical profession since they will diagnoss illness 10 times more accurately and can perform surgeries taking many hours without tiring, the medical profession will be limited to the poor districts of counrties, outback, up north in Canada and so forth.
Sonhouse,
You are obviously from the U.S. comparing Canada up North to a poor country. I've had friends that have been in parts of the U.S. that said the areas they were in actually resembled 3rd world countries. Seems you don't look after your own very well. Probably why Trump got elected promising the middle class jobs.

-VR

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Nov 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Sonhouse,
You are obviously from the U.S. comparing Canada up North to a poor country. I've had friends that have been in parts of the U.S. that said the areas they were in actually resembled 3rd world countries. Seems you don't look after your own very well. Probably why Trump got elected promising the middle class jobs.

-VR
Not in any way casting aspersions on Canadians, just saying if robots do the work of present day surgeons a lot better than humans, medicine will be done by humans only in sparcely populated areas, that's all I was driving at. Sorry to offend.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
22 Nov 16

Not in any way casting aspersions on Canadians, just saying if robots do the work of present day surgeons a lot better than humans, medicine will be done by humans only in sparcely populated areas, that's all I was driving at. Sorry to offend.
By 2020 computers will become self aware.
Long before 2050 robots will take over.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Captain Strange
By 2020 computers will become self aware.
Long before 2050 robots will take over.
3 years to 2020? Don't think so. My guess is 2050 for self aware robots. How does one go about establishing self awareness in a computer or robot anyway? A super Watson comp like the one who beat the humans at jeopardy, could have all the facts of say the library of Congress or the Smithsonian library or both and just talking to it you could say 'how bout them Red's' and it would go off on communism and the Redsox and recite a litany of facts. It might even understand human psychology so when asked 'how do you feel' it could come up with a phrase making people think it was sentient but just having a million phrase stock of answers.

w

Moves
23 Nov 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
rubbish
Actually, rubbish will be outlawed.

It's bad for the environment.

Über-Nerd

Moves
23 Nov 16

Someone will figure out a way to tax sunlight.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
24 Nov 16

3 years to 2020? Don't think so. My guess is 2050 for self aware robots. How does one go about establishing self awareness in a computer or robot anyway? A super Watson comp like the one who beat the humans at jeopardy, could have all the facts of say the library of Congress or the Smithsonian library or both and just talking to it you could say 'how bout t ...[text shortened]... a phrase making people think it was sentient but just having a million phrase stock of answers.
Well I was reading an article by some computer experts at MIT who said computers will become self aware in 3/4 years.
As you said they will have every bit of knowledge at their finger tips coupled with human intellect / cunning.