Prose Competition Deadline Closing Fast

Prose Competition Deadline Closing Fast

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Impression was that you were considering flexibility along with the possible merit of an impromptu, contemporaneous work

and that the technical/administrative effort required might possibly become a reason to decline accepting it as a valid entry.

Moves
05 Apr 10

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 10
1 edit

From the two posts which followed its submission. "That's only 346 words." reply from Hopscotch didn't seem to loom as a major obstacle since our dialogue was still continuing. Your "Read the thread in the Culture Forum. It has the rules of entry. I'll look forward to receiving it." seemed less than an outright rejection of the novel idea. Unanswered question was whether or not you would be willing to help me with the technical/administrative task involved. Figured you must have lost interest since you made no further comment and since your thread was allowed to wander off topic and, a few days later, disappeared from page one.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Apr 10

Of course it is TRUE!

Why do you try to deny the "Friends Group"?

You have no idea what ability I have so don't assume things. You have a bad habit of doing that.

Of course You do not throw ANY dig, insult, or troll yourself...ROFLMAO...

Pot, Kettle ='s Black!

Will you not be happy untill all you have left in the forums is the "Friends Group", and all the YES boys & girls?

Moves
05 Apr 10

Moves
05 Apr 10

h

Moves
05 Apr 10

I was also wondering about this bit.

@GB:

As CFT says, I'm not his mouthpiece. CFT is the organiser of this prose competition. My post replying to your lengthy post was a mere wisecrack. You cannot seriously expect us to consider forum posts as entries for the competition. The entrants for the competition are anonymous until the competition is over to avoid any voter bias. If your thingy was entered then everyone would know it was you and that would affect the voting. Anonymity in this thing has been the key to its success from the very beginning. If you really want to enter, and I do believe that you have the capacity to write something good if you put your mind to it, then please do so, but if you won't play by the rules then you're not welcome.

It's not technical at all, just write something and email it. I'm sure you know how to do that.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 10
3 edits

Originally posted by hopscotch
I was also wondering about this bit.

@GB:

As CFT says, I'm not his mouthpiece. CFT is the organiser of this prose competition. My post replying to your lengthy post was a mere wisecrack. You cannot seriously expect us to consider forum posts as entries for the competition. The entrants for the competition are anonymous until the competition is over t not technical at all, just write something and email it. I'm sure you know how to do that.
Thanks for the clarification, Hop. Beginning to sense we're actually more alike (in the best sense of the word) than not. Sometimes our words seem to be better than our thoughts while at other times, thankfully, our thoughts are better than our words.

A small question: In what ways does the 2010 RHP Prose Competition's procedural anonymity theme (short term) with its required email address disclosure to an ad hoc group protect/not violate a subscriber's contractual rights of privacy (long term)?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
05 Apr 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Thanks for the clarification, Hop. Beginning to sense we're actually more alike (in the best sense of the word) than not. Sometimes our words seem to be better than our thoughts while at other times, thankfully, our thoughts are better than our words.

A small question: In what ways does the 2010 RHP Prose Competition's procedural anonymity theme (sh ...[text shortened]... privacy (long term)?

WINNAR!!1! of Trolling Post of the Year 2010!

: D

h

Moves
05 Apr 10

Originally posted by Ragnorak

Yup.

o
Art is hard

Moves
05 Apr 10

Originally posted by Ragnorak

2010 is still young - there are many many more GB posts to come...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Apr 10
1 edit

Did you win?

I just know you must be good at something. 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 10

Originally posted by hopscotch
Yup.
Expected a thoughtful reply.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Apr 10
1 edit

Kind of short though. 😉

Not many of us thoughtful folks left.

h

Moves
05 Apr 10

You write:
A small question: In what ways does the 2010 RHP Prose Competition's procedural anonymity theme (short term) with its required email address disclosure to an ad hoc group protect/not violate a subscriber's contractual rights of privacy (long term)?
And you expect a serious reply to this? After reading that I'm wondering why I bother to explain things to you in the first place.