1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 May '21 04:48
    A thread for bits of prose about 100 words long, give or take a couple words. No need to have a plot or wrap things up by the end. Maybe just a flash of fictional flavor from present times, or days to come or days past.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 May '21 04:58
    Sanjiro Martinez and I were lounging in Charbucks when King Alfred II announced his plans for garden estate pyramids in the less fortunate areas of Great Britain and its former colonies.

But I could tell Sanjay had become afflicted by a stream of adverts. Usually he could make a little “please wait” gesture, but he was possessed and distant. We both suffered when this happened.

I had offered several times to help him pay for a sub to JackedPro or some other adblocker, but he kept telling me he would find his own way.

Eventually he said, “King Alfred’s cool.”
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '21 06:10
    How original.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 May '21 06:22
    @divegeester said
    How original.
    Oh come on. Please try to pad that out. Only 98 words to go. We all know you have verbal and/or linguistic skills. Have some bullet coffee if you feel your energy flagging.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '21 06:54
    @divegeester said
    How original.
    Just hire him to be your PR man.

God knows you need one.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 May '21 06:591 edit
    @suzianne said

God knows you need one.
    If you step on the mat, you have to play, although I imagine you might already be formulating something. Doesn't have to be perfect. A little wabi-sabi, a little I-Ching of the moment or some other moment would be fine. Loose but could also be refined strokes, for the moment, not posterity. 🙂

P.S. -- my post was not intended to set a theme -- let's invite a variety of themes.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 May '21 07:02
    @suzianne said

God knows you need one.
    I have a feeling that similar to me, but in a different way, Dive is just sometimes misunderstood.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '21 07:20
    @suzianne said

God knows you need one.
    PR is for the prideful and emotionally brittle who lack stoicism and sufficient thickness of skin in order to stand tall in principled fortitude.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 May '21 07:211 edit
    @divegeester said
    PR is for the prideful and emotionally brittle who lack stoicism and sufficient thickness of skin in order to stand tall in principled fortitude.
    The stone and the turtle are wetted by the same stream.

Leave the axis of brittleness in the past. It's okay.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    13 May '21 10:01
    @divegeester

My thoughts exactly 🤔
  11. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    13 May '21 12:34
    @kevin-eleven said
    The stone and the turtle are wetted by the same stream.

Leave the axis of brittleness in the past. It's okay.
    You show great promise Grasshopper.
  12. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    13 May '21 16:17
    once upon a time,
    i altered energy itself
    i now have zero mass and my energy levels are exponentially off the charts
    (which i have also altered)
    when i achieve light speed in my regular human form i will return from the future and explain in more detail
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '21 18:07
    @divegeester said
    Thus my post.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '21 19:301 edit
    @suzianne said
    Thus my post.
    Well ... I don’t feel the need to embellish my life profile with stories about being visited by celestial beings, while spending my time saving “countless” lives on the streets using CPR, while playing professional level live music in jazz bars, while crashing sexual molesters through “countless” bar tables using martial arts, while being abducted and held captive for two years....

So much for “PR”.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '21 20:40
    @divegeester said
    Well ... I don’t feel the need to embellish my life profile with stories about being visited by celestial beings, while spending my time saving “countless” lives on the streets using CPR, while playing professional level live music in jazz bars, while crashing sexual molesters through “countless” bar tables using martial arts, while being abducted and held captive for two years....

So much for “PR”.
    So your life is boring AF and so you try to assuage your hurt narcissistic feelings and try to present yourself as a paragon of "principled fortitude" but no one buys it and so you lash out at people who are more interesting than you. You've spent your whole RHP career doing this.

Yes, you obviously need a PR man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree