1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 09:122 edits
    I used to access my own FB page on comp at work, got laid off and I find home comp goes to my wife's FB page and I can get to my page but only as friend of wife. How can I access my own FB page on our home comp? Or if I use my laptop?
    Would appreciate actual answers and not the usual trolls. Thank you for your help.
    BTW, went to FB help page and there is no answer to that question and went to the community forums and asked that question but still no answer.
    There was one not so usable answer that you can access only one FB account at a time on a single comp but that is not the issue. The issue is getting to my own FB account without having to go through wife's account.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 12:08
    If you set up accounts on your System each of those will go to ist own fb account.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 13:21
    Try this:

1. Log out of your wife's account
    2. Log in to your own account
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 15:31
    Did it work?? Looking for a follow up and five star rating.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 15:34
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I used to access my own FB page on comp at work, got laid off and I find home comp goes to my wife's FB page and I can get to my page but only as friend of wife. How can I access my own FB page on our home comp? Or if I use my laptop?
    Would appreciate actual answers and not the usual trolls. Thank you for your help.
    BTW, went to FB help page and there i ...[text shortened]... he issue. The issue is getting to my own FB account without having to go through wife's account.
    Stop using Facebook and get your life back.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 16:38
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Stop using Facebook and get your life back.
    I actually have a life, I haven't gone to FB in a couple of months. I just got a note saying my daughter had a new photo and I wanted to see it. She teaches music at Federal University in Natal Brazil and I don't get to see her but once in 5 years.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 16:411 edit
    I actually have a life, I haven't gone to FB in a couple of months. I just got a note saying my daughter had a new photo and I wanted to see it. She teaches music at Federal University in Natal Brazil and I don't get to see her but once in 5 years.
    Did you try my suggestion? Also, if you're just trying to see a photo of your daughter, can't you just view through your wife's account anyway?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 17:52
    Originally posted by @darvlay
    Try this:

1. Log out of your wife's account
    2. Log in to your own account
    So if she logs off, I log on then I have to log off for her to be able to log on. I would like to see a window where it says, Don, login, or Susan Login, is that possible? I never had to deal with this since my FB was on work comp and I just hit the the button and I am there. Not the same here at home.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 17:571 edit
    So if she logs off, I log on then I have to log off for her to be able to log on. I would like to see a window where it says, Don, login, or Susan Login, is that possible? I never had to deal with this since my FB was on work comp and I just hit the the button and I am there. Not the same here at home.
    Yes, only one account at a time. There is no one window that asks which account is logging in. The reason it always shows up on your work computer is because you are the only one who accesses FB from it and have never logged off. The reason your wife's shows up on your home computer is because she uses FB there and doesn't log off. So try my suggestions and it should work.

If you have found this advice helpful, please leave me a five star review on yelp. But first be sure to log off your wife's account so I know it's from the right person.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 18:191 edit
    Yes, only one account at a time. There is no one window that asks which account is logging in. The reason it always shows up on your work computer is because you are the only one who accesses FB from it and have never logged off. The reason your wife's shows up on your home computer is because she uses FB there and doesn't log off. So try my suggestions ...[text shortened]... on yelp. But first be sure to log off your wife's account so I know it's from the right person.
    Thank you for helping without the sarcasm people usually come up with here.

One problem I have going to Susan's account, I don't see anything that says log off.

There was one bar that said log in to FB but wasn't even sure what that was about, I think maybe to make comments or some such. But I can't find a log out button, I clicked on every little icon on the page but no luck.

Finally found it, a tiny down arrow almost black against black not much contrast to even see but clicking on it brought a new menu and at bottom was log out. Then it went to another screen saying Susan is logged out with her profile photo and then an empty square next to it, saying 'add account'. I'll see if I can do my own FB page there.
  11. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 18:27
    Did it work?? Looking for a follow up and five star rating.
    It's good to have you back πŸ™‚
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 18:44
    Thank you for helping without the sarcasm people usually come up with here.

One problem I have going to Susan's account, I don't see anything that says log off.

There was one bar that said log in to FB but wasn't even sure what that was about, I think maybe to make comments or some such. But I can't find a log out button, I clicked on every little ic ...[text shortened]... hen an empty square next to it, saying 'add account'. I'll see if I can do my own FB page there.
    You're welcome. Might I suggest instead of adding an account, just log into your own, look at the picture, log out and then never worry about it again.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 18:45
    Originally posted by @kegge
    It's good to have you back πŸ™‚
    I'll be gone before you know it.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 18:48
    Yes, only one account at a time. There is no one window that asks which account is logging in. The reason it always shows up on your work computer is because you are the only one who accesses FB from it and have never logged off. The reason your wife's shows up on your home computer is because she uses FB there and doesn't log off. So try my suggestions ...[text shortened]... on yelp. But first be sure to log off your wife's account so I know it's from the right person.
    Well that was a pain in the ass. When I logged out it seems Susan did not remember new PW, so had to set up SMS to send code to redo PW, had to do that twice because we both did it at the same time, didn't know she was doing itπŸ™‚ So the second time the PW change went through, I can log into and out of her account now, but now have to work on my fb. the problem there is I accidentally made two FB accounts where one was here or on my laptop, not sure which and the one I had originally created at work, so I have my work cut out to figure it all out. Another problem was a scam that got me for 150 bucks and I had to change my cell phone number so it is going to be a while before I figure THAT one out, how to get my new cell in AND recover PW. And thanks again for your help. I just don't use FB that much, not familiar with it as far as log in and such.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 18:48
    BTW, went to FB help page and there i ...[text shortened]... he issue. The issue is getting to my own FB account without having to go through wife's account.
    Are you sure you used to work for NASA?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree