1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Sep '15 06:30
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Thanks GB, I remember discussing this with you a few months ago. I am not a statistician, but like lemonlime said, this is just a "gut" thing. My god, what are the odds? Hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people have passed through this site since 2001, and 3 top 20 players all shut it down in a 20 hour time frame. I think I would have better odds of hitting Powerball than seeing this....
    You're quite welcome; yes, I remember our discussions vividly and am obviously pleased you've decided to revisit this highly unusual event again.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 03:351 edit
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    I won't pretend I really know what that means, I googled it and I think you are trying to tell me I am overthinking the situation. Maybe. But if you, Mctayto, and snjortp, who between the 3 of you have approximately 21 years of play on RHP, and of the hundreds of thousands of people who have passed through this site over the years are 4th, 5th, and 6th on a ...[text shortened]... don't think you are all the same person, but what are the odds of something like that happening?
    your google search was spot on. . . .overthinking it, indeed.

your suspicions are more than just intuitive. at some point the odds are meaningless. for instance, what are the odds that you would be severely burnt if the sun were to explode in a supernova that would engulf planet earth?

anyway, my point really is that it's not worth thinking about. . .other than what might motivate someone to take out three paid subscriptions? is there another possibility? sure, they were all close and RHP bound them. a missing piece of information? well, they didn't really sign off graciously. that's it.

i don't care, but i do have great respect for you, so that is why i answered in depth, not wanting to leave you hanging with the thinly veiled cryptical metaphor.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 05:32
    Originally posted by coquette
    your google search was spot on. . . .overthinking it, indeed.

your suspicions are more than just intuitive. at some point the odds are meaningless. for instance, what are the odds that you would be severely burnt if the sun were to explode in a supernova that would engulf planet earth?

anyway, my point really is that it's not worth thinking about. . ...[text shortened]... i answered in depth, not wanting to leave you hanging with the thinly veiled cryptical metaphor.
    My name is Suzianne, and I endorse this message.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree