Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
General Forum

General Forum

1. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    24 Oct '16 15:46
    Quotes You Like

"My left is weakened. My right is broken. The situation is excellent. I'm on the attack."
    Field Communiqué to Headquarters, Marshal Foch (French Commander, 1851-1929)
  2. 24 Oct '16 15:48 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Quotes You Like

"My left is weakened. My right is broken. The situation is excellent. I'm on the attack."
    Field Communiqué to Headquarters, Marshal Foch (French Commander, 1851-1929)[/b]
    "Nuts"
    -response given to Nazi demand for US general Anthony McAuliffe to surrender being surrounded and out gunned
  3. 24 Oct '16 15:53
    "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
  4. 24 Oct '16 16:02
    “He wrapped himself in quotations - as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors.”

Rudyard Kipling,
  5. 24 Oct '16 16:03
    "Happiness is good health and a bad memory"

Ingrid Bergman
  6. 24 Oct '16 16:05
    "I bear no grudges. I have a mind that retains nothing"

Bette Midler
  7. 24 Oct '16 16:41
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Terry Pratchett
  8. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    24 Oct '16 16:48
    “There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those
    to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way'" -C.S. Lewis.
  9. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    24 Oct '16 17:15
    The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when they fill out a job application form.

Stanley Randall
  10. 24 Oct '16 17:56
    Most players ... do not like losing, and consider defeat as something shameful. This is a wrong attitude. Those who wish to perfect themselves must regard their losses as lessons and learn from them what sorts of things to avoid in the future. - Jose Raul Capablanca
  11. Subscriber rookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    24 Oct '16 18:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Most players ... do not like losing, and consider defeat as something shameful. This is a wrong attitude. Those who wish to perfect themselves must regard their losses as lessons and learn from them what sorts of things to avoid in the future. - Jose Raul Capablanca
    like a slap in the face with a big wet fish,
    some quotes are meant for just us...
    not posted with glee, aimed at others knees,
    it's for you, ya danged big wuss...
  12. 24 Oct '16 18:25
    Originally posted by rookie54
    like a slap in the face with a big wet fish,
    some quotes are meant for just us...
    not posted with glee, aimed at others knees,
    it's for [b]you
    , ya danged big wuss...[/b]
    It's not aimed at anyone, it's just escapin' on the run
  13. 24 Oct '16 18:31
    "Wire hangers! Wire hanger! No more wire hangers!"

Hillary Clinton
  14. 24 Oct '16 19:08 / 1 edit
    "When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence."

-Peter Wessel Zapffe
  15. 24 Oct '16 20:06
    Infamy Infamy the Gravediggers got it in for me.

apologies to Dennis Norden