1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 18:45
    It was also sad he could not play guitar, the artistic love of his life, for several months. We have been PM ing and emailing for years, he was a gifted guitarist as well as a great chess player. We would send links to the best guitarists we knew. It is a sad day for sure and his family must be devastated. He will get a good Thai burial for sure. I know about those, I lived in Thailand for several years. RIP old friend.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 18:48
    Very sad news indeed, especially after all the hope which did shine through his last posts on the issue...
  3. rebel city
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 20:08
    Very sad news. I played lots of games with him years ago and we chatted lots. Very sad indeed.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 20:26
    Mikelom was one of the good ones . The world is a sadder place for his passing.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 00:48
    "R.I.P. Mike Lomax (mikelom)"
    For additional condolences, please see Only Chess Forum Thread 163942 and Spirituality Forum Thread 163957
  6. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 01:26
    Mike and I became friends almost immediately after I joined this chess site. We did play one chess game...just enough for me to know I was out of my class...and many games of Words With Friends on Facebook. He trounced me there most of the time, too, and I often had my Scrabble dictionary at hand to look up the unknown (to me) words that he tossed on the board with his usual aplomb. We exchanged e-mail addresses and he sent me a children's books several years ago that he had beautifully illustrated. He sent me samples of the little cloth purses Sunisa sewed in her spare time, had me pick out one, and said it would be mailed someday. It never came, but by then they had other things on their minds....like cancer. We had long private chats on facebook and he sent me pages of books he was editing for other writers. I did not often find an error! He played classical guitar, too. A wonderful musician. I could go on and on, but you already know what a unique person he was. I messaged his mother as well as Sunisa. His mother is on facebook, too. Pat Lomax. He had recently told me this his mum was Irish. A lovely lady.
  7. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 22:23
    Rip Mike. My best to your family.
  8. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 23:12
    very sad,r.i.p mike...God bless you ,and your family
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 23:25
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 01:32
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    [youtube RIP Bro]IfRY3SsozuM[/youtube]
    YouTube : RIP Mik
  11. Joined
    26 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '15 14:502 edits
    Hi Mike's sister here, Julie. We cannot know what illness Mike had- he claimed he had cancer, was thousands of miles away from family, and did not want to worry anyone. However his death was suicide by taking too many colchicine tablets and drinking whiskey after battling an alcohol addiction for thirty years. very very sad, and we are all devastated, sorry but I want the truth out there. If anyone needs to get in touch I am on fb, and also my email is juxamoldrof@gmail.com. I dearly loved my little brother and am so shocked, hope I am not upsetting anyone, but I believe in telling the truth.
  12. Joined
    26 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '15 14:58
    Hi just saying hi to any of Mike's "friends" I can find- from Julie, Mike's sister x
  13. In the ****
    Moves
    26 May '15 15:13
    Originally posted by Jewiemax
    Hi just saying hi to any of Mike's "friends" I can find- from Julie, Mike's sister x
    Hi Julie.
    I have just returned to this site after a lengthy absence and was both shocked and saddened to read the news about Mike. We never played each other but we did exchange some banter in these forums; needless to say it was always in very good humour.
    My condolences.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '15 01:032 edits
    Originally posted by Jewiemax
    Hi Mike's sister here, Julie. We cannot know what illness Mike had- he claimed he had cancer, was thousands of miles away from family, and did not want to worry anyone. However his death was suicide by taking too many colchicine tablets and drinking whiskey after battling an alcohol addiction for thirty years. very very sad, and we are all devastated, sorry ...[text shortened]... e brother and am so shocked, hope I am not upsetting anyone, but I believe in telling the truth.
    Thank you, Julie. My sympathies are extended to you and your family.
    Please see the following two threads for additional condolences:
    Only Chess Forum Thread 163942 and Spirituality Forum Thread 163957
    Kind regards, Bob
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '15 01:511 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree