1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 18:081 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    In fact it would belong to the help forum and I am surprised that nobody posted

FAQ! or RTFM!

And to answer the question. The number belongs to the system in which it is generated. Numbers of the same system (and pookl) are comparable, while those of different systems can't be compared meaningful.
    Ok, probably the proper place for it.

IF there was a FAQ Forum. 😛
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 18:11
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Lowest rated player on the site is rated 485. You have to try exceptionally hard to stoop that low. The average mark is ~1300. Highest rated on the site is 2441 atm. This is probably around GM level or the level achieved by using a chess engine*

*Disclaimer: I am by no means suggesting that anyone of this level is actually using an engine.
    It appears you just did!

But if the *Disclaimer thingy lets you say it, well done! 😉
  3. In your face
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 18:14
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    It appears you just did!

But if the *Disclaimer thingy lets you say it, well done! 😉
    lol. Come on, you know that's not what I meant. 😉
  4. In the ****
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 18:22
    Originally posted by russsellchadbourn
    please can anyone explain the ratings when i was playing chess over the board my rating was less than 100 now its more than 1500 (double dutch)?
    Your otb rating was probably under the BCF system which uses 3 numbers. The rest of the world has moved on and uses ELO or ELO-type systems which use 4 numbers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree