Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame

Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 May 16

Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame (28 Dec '15 17:58 / 2 edits) Thread 166828

"Annual public recognition of individuals is appreciated and reinforces loyalty in any corporation. Russ, why not innovate a similar concept in your online correspondence chess site with public forums? Here's a suggested format for you to consider for implementation early 2016:

1) The dozen members with the earliest dates of joining who are still actively making chess moves and/or posting to public forums..

2) The top ten chess players with the greatest volume of chess moves as documented on the Most Active Players Table.

3) The top five members with the greatest volume of public forum posts during their membership if the archived data is still available.

4) The top two or three members whose public forum behaviour consistently exemplifies RHP Forum Guidelines and TOS Standards."

Read a book!

Moves
19 May 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
3) The top five members with the greatest volume of public forum posts during their membership if the archived data is still available
You mean the top five bullshlt artists.

F

Moves
19 May 16

4) The top two or three members whose public forum behaviour consistently exemplifies RHP Forum Guidelines and TOS Standards."
Do you want to be nominated for this?

F

Moves
19 May 16

3) The top five members with the greatest volume of public forum posts during their membership if the archived data is still available.
Do you want to be nominated for this? You've posted more than 39,500 times.

Read a book!

Moves
19 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Do you want to be nominated for this? You've posted more than 39,500 times.
End to end, enough posts to reach from Boston to Useless Loop, Australia. 😲

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 May 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
End to end, enough posts to reach from Boston to Useless Loop, Australia. 😲
Unless and until we find "Andy's Wheelbarrow"....

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 May 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)

"Annual public recognition of individuals is appreciated and reinforces loyalty in any corporation. Russ, why not innovate a similar concept in your online correspondence chess site with public forums? Here's a suggested format for you to consider for implem ...[text shortened]... mbers whose public forum behaviour consistently exemplifies RHP Forum Guidelines and TOS Standards."
"Thanks for christening this idea with your own suggestions. With respect to 3): Red Hot Pawn advertising revenue depends on public forum activity and chess game volumes; however, it's essential to maintain quality standards both to attract new site members and retain members of record. Recognizing "most lines of text into a thread" in my view is a nice rather than a must have criteria. With "5) Greenpawn..." would the time frame for these "games" be the prior year?" (my reply to moonbus)

F

Moves
19 May 16

Red Hot Pawn advertising revenue depends on public forum activity and chess game volumes...
What is your estimate of the proportion of RHP's revenue that comes from the advertisers whose products are exposed to those engaged in public forum activity?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
What is your estimate of the proportion of RHP's revenue that comes from the advertisers whose products are exposed to those engaged in public forum activity?
A$k Russ.

Moves
19 May 16

Who like me!!!!!!

F

Moves
20 May 16

A$k Russ.
But you have claimed over and over again that such revenue is significant. Russ hasn't. So it's you I am asking.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 May 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)

"Annual public recognition of individuals is appreciated and reinforces loyalty in any corporation. Russ, why not innovate a similar concept in your online correspondence chess site with public forums? Here's a suggested format for you to consider for implem ...[text shortened]... mbers whose public forum behaviour consistently exemplifies RHP Forum Guidelines and TOS Standards."
Originally posted by Silverstriker (Page one)
"I like and support your first and second suggestions. (would the second one be by moves per year or since their join date?)"

---> "2) The top ten chess players with the greatest volume of chess moves as documented on the Most Active Players Table." (OP)

"RHP is more of a chess site than a forum site so i personally don't seem the benefit of the third suggestion - and i am confused if by volume you mean lengths of post or quantity of posts? sorry that is me probably being dense"

---> "Public Forums: The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts." ~ Russ (italics mine)

"How about a list of ten players who have entered the most tournaments in the previous year?"

---> Excellent idea, Silverstriker. I appreciate your objective critique and relevant suggestions. Thanks.. -Bob

F

Moves
20 May 16

Originally posted by FMF

Grampy Bobby
A$k Russ.
So, point (3) of your OP is an idea of yours that cannot withstand even just one simple, pertinent - but inconvenient - question, is that the long and short of it? 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 May 16

Unless and until we find "Andy's Wheelbarrow"....
The Red Wheelbarrow

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

William Carlos Williams