1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '15 22:582 edits
    Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame

Annual public recognition of individuals is appreciated and reinforces loyalty in any corporation. Russ, why not innovate a similar concept in your online correspondence chess site with public forums? Here's a suggested format for you to consider for implementation early 2016:

1) The dozen members with the earliest dates of joining who are still actively making chess moves and/or posting to public forums..

2) The top ten chess players with the greatest volume of chess moves as documented on the Most Active Players Table.

3) The top five members with the greatest volume of public forum posts during their membership if the archived data is still available.

4) The top two or three members whose public forum behaviour consistently exemplifies RHP Forum Guidelines and TOS Standards.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 07:29
    Regarding 3): I wouldn't want to see a 'race', who can dump the most lines of text into a thread. Might get tedious. Quality rather than quantity, please.

5) Greenpawn might submit some games which he thinks particularly worthy of public note.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 11:061 edit
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Regarding 3): I wouldn't want to see a 'race', who can dump the most lines of text into a thread. Might get tedious. Quality rather than quantity, please.

5) Greenpawn might submit some games which he thinks particularly worthy of public note.
    Thanks for christening this idea with your own suggestions. With respect to 3): Red Hot Pawn advertising revenue depends on public forum activity and chess game volumes; however, it's essential to maintain quality standards both to attract new site members and retain members of record. Recognizing "most lines of text into a thread" in my view is a nice rather than a must have criteria. With "5) Greenpawn..." would the time frame for these "games" be the prior year?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame

Annual public recognition of individuals is appreciated and reinforces loyalty in any corporation. Russ, why not innovate a similar concept in your online correspondence chess site with public forums? Here's a suggested format for you to consider for implementation early 2016:

1) The dozen me ...[text shortened]... hose public forum behaviour[/i] consistently exemplifies RHP Forum Guidelines and TOS Standards.[/b]
    1 and 2 are interesting but you should consider other forms of contribution such as chess blogs.

3 Is more than likely to be you as you well know and it is frankly a little bit of poor form on your part including this metric.

4. Is unmeasurable in any meaningful way, and an is mearly an extension of your numerous GF posts about trills, civility and reflected popularity.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 12:53
    [b]Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame

1) The dozen me ...[text shortened]... hose public forum behaviour[/i] consistently exemplifies RHP Forum Guidelines and TOS Standards.[/b]
    I like and support your first and second suggestions. (would the second one be by moves per year or since their join date?)

RHP is more of a chess site than a forum site so i personally don't seem the benefit of the third suggestion - and i am confused if by volume you mean lengths of post or quantity of posts? sorry that is me probably being dense

The fourth is quite sub-jective but i have the same reservations of this as the third one above.

How about a list of ten players who have entered the most tournaments in the previous year?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 13:161 edit
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    I like and support your first and second suggestions. (would the second one be by moves per year or since their join date?)

RHP is more of a chess site than a forum site so i personally don't seem the benefit of the third suggestion - and i am confused if by volume you mean lengths of post or quantity of posts? [i]sorry that is me probably being dense ...[text shortened]... bove.

How about a list of ten players who have entered the most tournaments in the previous year?
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    "I like and support your first and second suggestions. (would the second one be by moves per year or since their join date?)"

---> "2) The top ten chess players with the greatest volume of chess moves as documented on the Most Active Players Table." (OP)

"RHP is more of a chess site than a forum site so i personally don't seem the benefit of the third suggestion - and i am confused if by volume you mean lengths of post or quantity of posts? sorry that is me probably being dense"

---> "Public Forums: The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts." ~ Russ (italics mine)

"How about a list of ten players who have entered the most tournaments in the previous year?"

---> Excellent idea, Silverstriker. I appreciate your objective critique and relevant suggestions. Thanks.. -Bob
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 13:303 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    1 and 2 are interesting but you should consider other forms of contribution such as chess blogs.

3 Is more than likely to be you as you well know and it is frankly a little bit of poor form on your part including this metric.

4. Is unmeasurable in any meaningful way, and an is mearly an extension of your numerous GF posts about trills, civility and reflected popularity.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Russ will evaluate all on-topic suggestions and then make the Go or No Go decision.
    The sole purpose of this thread is simply to stimulate discussion.

Note:"3) The top five members with the greatest volume of public forum posts during their membership if the archived data is still available." (OP).

My total pages of public forum posts = "354". yours = "397"
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 15:09
    Thanks for your thoughts. Russ will evaluate all on-topic suggestions and then make the Go or No Go decision.
    The sole purpose of this thread is simply to stimulate discussion.

Note:"3) The top five members with the greatest volume of public forum posts during their membership if the archived data is still available." (OP).

As mentioned earlier ,I don't think you can include public forum posts.
    There's a lot of garbage goes on the forums which is why the clan forum was suspended I suspect.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 15:341 edit
    Originally posted by venda
    As mentioned earlier ,I don't think you can include public forum posts.
    There's a lot of garbage goes on the forums which is why the clan forum was suspended I suspect.
    In advertising, estimated exposure to a target audience is measured by hits or views i.e. eyeballs seeing their advertisements. Present and prospective advertisers on Red Hot Pawn are no different. They too evaluate and compare public forum post volume here to those of other website options. Hopefully Russ will weigh in and comment on your statement and my reply. By the way, where is "earlier"? Thanks for your interest in this discussion, Dave.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 16:052 edits
    Nonsense. Change the date to 2007 and I think you will see a VERY different story.

You're welcome.
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 18:33
    In advertising, estimated exposure to a target audience is measured by hits or views i.e. eyeballs seeing their advertisements. Present and prospective advertisers on Red Hot Pawn are no different. They too evaluate and compare public forum post volume here to those of other website options. Hopefully Russ will weigh in and comment on your statement and my reply. By the way, where is "earlier"? Thanks for your interest in this discussion, Dave.
    Regarding 3): I wouldn't want to see a 'race', who can dump the most lines of text into a thread.
    And that's what Isuspect would happen.you'd just get a few individuals posting nonsense to qualify for most posts.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 19:582 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Nonsense. Change the date to 2007 and I think you will see a VERY different story.

You're welcome.
    1) Your RHP Profile Forum Posts: 397 Pages x 15 = 5,955 Posts since December 29, 2014 with none before..

2) My RHP Profile Forum Posts: 354 x 15 = 5,310 Posts since December 28, 2014 with none before.

Footnote: The date we joined Red Hot Pawn is totally irrelevant as the point of reference and/or denominator to determine average posts per day. Why? Because any and all Public Forum Posts prior to the last few days of 2014 have been archived. If you've got some personal axe to grind, please send a Feedback to Russ. The purpose of this thread is to stimulate discussion on its topic not to rant about perceptions which are not grounded in fact..
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 20:01
    Regarding 3): I wouldn't want to see a 'race', who can dump the most lines of text into a thread.
    And that's what Isuspect would happen.you'd just get a few individuals posting nonsense to qualify for most posts.
    Your point is well taken. I'll give it some thought and then reply. I like your conviction and tenacity.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 02:194 edits
    "3) The top five members with the greatest volume of public forum posts during their membership if the archived data is still available." (OP)

Corporations recognize employees who have contributed to the achievement of near term objectives and longer term goals. There's a coalescence of corporate and employee interests; the same holds true on this website. Recognizing members for their frivolous, dysfunctional behavior would be both counterproductive and beneath the dignity of its sole proprietor. Russ and his Admin Forum Moderator Staff would not support nor tolerate "a 'race', who can dump the most lines of text into a thread" now or ever. So, Dave, I'd encourage you to join me in accepting effective forum moderation as a given and having done so to focus on additional ideas which will be appropriate to "Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame" becoming a reality for the benefit of all parties concerned.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 09:33
    Russ no doubt has hit counters embedded in the code and server statistics to present to his advertisers and potential advertisers. Neither he nor his advertisers will need to know, or be interested in, who posted the most. More relevant would be, who logged on most often, namely, who probably saw the adverts most often--and this applies only to non-subscribers, since subs don't see adverts anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree