1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 May '16 06:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why use just one word ["caution"] when two or three words could be used ["adverse outcome disinclination" or "regret avoidance"]?
    It can be nice to be wordy, like poetry. But there's a time for conciseness and a think a warning of any need should be one word where it can, less chance of misunderstanding or miss interpretation.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 May '16 13:17
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Yup.

Or did I mean No? I get confused easily. Stupid people often embark on long and laborious explanations of things that they may say and do and usually go off into some weird tangent about it as well all with the aim of being more precise in what they want to say but usually ending up somewhere else entirely.
    Especially where lists are concerned ...[text shortened]... e who list a lot are often confused anyway.
    Something like that anyway.
    What was the question?
    I am one of those "stupid" people. My wife and kids always said, when they asked me something, "Can we please have the short answer?"
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 May '16 14:02
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Brevity is the soul of wit.
    "If I were to employ my congenital terseness, I would probably say, 'affirmative, Captain.'" -- Spock
  4. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    10 May '16 22:46
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I am one of those "stupid" people. My wife and kids always said, when they asked me something, "Can we please have the short answer?"
    OK. OK.
    Get to the point ...

You won't find me waffling on in a weird and unintelligible way about things that are or are possibly not pertinent to the point in hand - I mean who, just who? really makes that kind of effort to talk about things or even write about them when they know that hand-on-heart no one is really listening or reading what they say. It just makes a mockery of the whole system if you ask me there's nothing original in it and possibly nothing really to be gained expect typing practice.
    On a side note - and don't get me started on people who digress - I went to the doctor today to complain about my knees, he gave me an examination and said my patella measured 2.54 centimetres. "Inch high knees?!" I said.
    "你髌骨2.54厘米" he replied.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 May '16 23:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    "regret avoidance"
    "ravaged erection"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree