1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 May '20 01:38
    Well, just had a sit down dinner in a restaurant, no mask required. Very few booths were used, but the dinner was pleasant. We could talk and not have to deal with 5 other loud conversations around us.

Nice to experience a bit of normalcy. I figured we need to do our part and put money into the economy.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    29 May '20 02:17
    @eladar said
    Well, just had a sit down dinner in a restaurant, no mask required. Very few booths were used, but the dinner was pleasant. We could talk and not have to deal with 5 other loud conversations around us.

Nice to experience a bit of normalcy. I figured we need to do our part and put money into the economy.
    Good for you. People need to get out and do stuff. This isolation we've suffered is what prisons do to punish inmates. People are going nuts. Suicides are up. Overdoses are up. We're not built to stay isolated for long periods.
  3. Joined
    01 May '20
    Moves
    29 May '20 03:271 edit
    Well if everyone is going out again I guess it's time I shaved my back hair.

It's like a rug.
    Not as bad as ghost of a dukes rug but still...mine is bad.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 May '20 04:321 edit
    I did not shave mine. Just wear a shirt.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '20 07:01
    @tom-wolsey said
    Good for you. People need to get out and do stuff. This isolation we've suffered is what prisons do to punish inmates. People are going nuts. Suicides are up. Overdoses are up. We're not built to stay isolated for long periods.
    It’s been an inconvenience in order to save lives.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 May '20 07:58
    @the-pickled-walrus said

It's like a rug.
    Braid it, sir, don't cut it.

I miss coffee shops more than restaurants.
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    29 May '20 08:171 edit
    I miss restaurants a bit, but spending more time walking and talking and less time sitting and eating probably isn't doing me any harm.

Found it a bit weird the other day when there was a really strong wind blowing and people were carefully passing at 2m on the footpath even if they had to go back to do it. You feel like you have to comply with what they are doing to not offend or even cause fear if they are older, but I would feel pretty confident there was no cloud of droplets around us in that wind!
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 May '20 11:32
    I do miss the coffee place like Mcdonalds. Can still do the drive through thing, but not the same as going in and mingling with people. That could take a while yet! 🙁

-VR
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 May '20 12:05
    @the-pickled-walrus said

It's like a rug.
    There is an idea, just keep your shirt on! 😉

-VR
  10. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    29 May '20 17:31
    Appreciating all parts of the world & guidelines. I do what I feel I can get away with. I'm not endangering lives (we all have families). I'll sit tight until June 15th - 17th here in the U.K.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 May '20 17:461 edit
    @hells-caretaker said
    Appreciating all parts of the world & guidelines. I do what I feel I can get away with. I'm not endangering lives (we all have families). I'll sit tight until June 15th - 17th here in the U.K.
    If you do not want to endanger lives stay away from retirement homes and people over 65.

Speaking of which I did not see one elderly person in the restaurant.
  12. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    29 May '20 18:041 edit
    @Eladar
    My own parents are the age of 84 & 85 - goes without saying Eladar. We all apply common sense to our own situation...
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 May '20 19:01
    @eladar said
    If you do not want to endanger lives stay away from retirement homes and people over 65.

Speaking of which I did not see one elderly person in the restaurant.
    They are talking about opening our Restaurants, just don't know when, and the distance thing will still be in affect, and enforced.

I believe there are still some where you can pick up and leave. I'd sooner make my own for now.

-VR
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 May '20 18:131 edit
    As far as I know, our McDonalds are still just drive through. We start phase 3 tomorrow so I will check to see if our fast food reopens their buildings.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 May '20 11:462 edits
    @eladar said
    As far as I know, our McDonalds are still just drive through. We start phase 3 tomorrow so I will check to see if our fast food reopens their buildings.
    I know our Madonald's here are going to start around June 7th unless things change but you can only go in order and take with you.......Hell might as well just keep using the drive through. Only 4 can go in at one time, distancing required, but not masks which doesn't make much sense to me as a sneeze will go 12 feet and coughs have been known to go further than the 6 feet distance now in affect. I'll still be using my mask and gloves for some time to come.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree