28 Mar '16 21:08
    A nice place to visit...but I wouldn't want to live there! 😉
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 00:22
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    RHP is...
    perfectly safe when taken in moderation.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 00:33
    [b]RHP is...

1) A global village.[/b]
    A default thread topic - in and of itself - when one is bereft of ideas. 😛
  5. Joined
    25 Feb '16
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 01:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Most accurate definition of the site by far
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 06:24
    the opium of the people ...
    .. well if not opium maybe a lukewarm cup of tea.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 10:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why would you say that? Are you bereft of ideas for the RHP forum global village? 😉
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 10:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why would you say that? Are you bereft of ideas for the RHP forum global village? 😉
    I don't think so. But you might disagree. I said what I said because I think asking the people who use the web site to discuss the web site, over and over again, is a sign that ideas might be running out. Despite this, people are free to discuss it, of course. It's sparked this interesting exchange between you and me, however, so it can't be too bad. 😉
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 12:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think so. But you might disagree. I said what I said because I think asking the people who use the web site to discuss the web site, over and over again, is a sign that ideas might be running out. Despite this, people [b]are free to discuss it, of course. It's sparked this interesting exchange between you and me, however, so it can't be too bad. 😉[/b]
    I don't even know what a "global village" is anyway. 😉
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 12:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't even know what a "global village" is anyway. 😉
    I think it means a place where there is an absolutely terrific greengrocer.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 12:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think it means a place where there is an absolutely terrific greengrocer.
    And quaint pub which even Moslems like to drink in.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 13:04
    Originally posted by Metacomedian
    Most accurate definition of the site by far
    Originally posted by Rene Pogel Thread 153985 (Page 20)

"Why is this forum dying" (Page 16) "I whole-heartedly support and endorse your statement that you have cared about this forum and its contributors for seven years. During these seven years your comments and thought-provoking ideas have frequently rejuvenated my flagging mind and I salute you for this. I have not posted anything for quite some time but I still enjoy your comments and the banter on this forum. I will say, however, that if any forum is dying it is the clan forum. I just posted a comment there and then realised when I surveyed the recent postings that this was pointless because the level of activity there is now virtually Marie-Celeste like. I hope that this forum does not go the same way - having eyed it for these seven years I would now diagnose incipient NIDS (new-idea-deficiency-syndrome) despite your excellent prophylactic efforts to treat this."
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 13:11

"Why is this forum dying" (Page 16) "I whole-heartedly support and endorse your statement that you have cared about this forum and its contributors for seven years. During these seven years your comments and thought-provoking ideas have frequently rejuvenated my flagging mind and I ...[text shortened]... S
    (new-idea-deficiency-syndrome) despite your excellent prophylactic efforts to treat this."[/b]
    I think this forum in particular, is the most vibrant it has been for several years.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 13:291 edit
    It would seem one has to slog through 16 pages of that thread before someone blows your trumpet for you in a suitably ego-stroking way that's sufficient to make you want to copy paste it now three years later.

The General Forum has probably been in better shape in the almost three months since your peculiar attention-seeking bid at the beginning of January fell on its face.

Thread 153985 just demonstrates how you have been browbeating this community with your dreary reprimands for at least three years. In 2015 your whinging reached abysmal levels.

And here you are, copy pasting people's profile messages, and copious amounts of stuff other people said, and resuscitating age-old threads of your own, and you have the gall to prattle on about the state of things in this community? You really should reflect upon your own behaviour and contribution, Grampy Bobby.
  15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    29 Mar '16 16:16

"Why is this forum dying" (Page 16) "I whole-heartedly support and endorse your statement that you have cared about this forum and its contributors for seven years. During these seven years your comments and thought-provoking ideas have frequently rejuvenated my flagging mind and I ...[text shortened]... S
    (new-idea-deficiency-syndrome) despite your excellent prophylactic efforts to treat this."[/b]
    self-love is such a beautiful, and awkward, thing to witness...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree