Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'd rather see a pic of the legs...

๐Ÿ˜›
    ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 08:52
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I've been checking out prices, and have come to the conclusion that I must be more of a Scott than you... because there's no way I'm going to cough up over $70 for good kilt. And I can't even find a crappy looking one for less than $50! It's too bad, because I still have the legs for it...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TxaldCxE__U/UHQfTzRYnHI/AAAAAAAAAO8/KqoPS9O3DOg/s1600/large_kilts.jpg
    LOL, those aren't real kilts.

Let me put it in perspective, a real kilt is a single piece of material called a plaid (from the Gaelic meaning blanket), around twelve to fifteen feet in length (sigh why i must resort to imperial measurements in this day and age is beyond me) and is dexterously folded around the body and thrown over the shoulder. You will also need a tunic, a stout leather belt, a tall pair of socks with a single tassel if you are unmarried and available or a double tassel if you are married, a sporran to keep your porridge in when out on the heather rustling cattle, a stout pair of brogues for ceilidh dancing and reciting poetry for dem chicks, a sgian-dubh (pronounced ski-in-doo) ( a small knife you tuck into the top of your socks should you meet anyone that wants to mess with your head), all in all you'll be lucky to get change out of $1000 but it will be money well spent because at least you will not look like a chick.

Check out these real kilts.

http://www.your-kilt.com/scottish-plaids.html
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 08:52
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    yes how revealing!
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 14:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Let me put it in perspective, a real kilt is a single piece of material called a plaid (from the Gaelic meaning blanket), around twelve to fifteen feet in length (sigh why i must resort to imperial measurements in this day and age is beyond me) and is dexterously folded around the body and thrown over the shoulder. ...[text shortened]... ok like a chick.

I joke about kilts, all in good humor. That being said Highlanders were awesome warriors. Just getting the kilt from blanket to clothing was a chore.

YouTube
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 16:07
    Originally posted by redbadger
    still am bro but don't tell Mrs Badger bad for my hard case image.
    So you are cheating on her?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 16:46

Let me put it in perspective, a real kilt is a single piece of material called a plaid (from the Gaelic meaning blanket), around twelve to fifteen feet in length (sigh why i must resort to imperial measurements in this day and age is beyond me) and is dexterously folded around the body and thrown over the shoulder. ...[text shortened]... ok like a chick.

You bitch about using imperial units and then post the price in American๐Ÿ™‚ What's up with that?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 17:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You bitch about using imperial units and then post the price in American๐Ÿ™‚ What's up with that?
    because the person i was corresponding with was an American, thus the use of imperial units and dollars.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 17:19
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I joke about kilts, all in good humor. That being said Highlanders were awesome warriors. Just getting the kilt from blanket to clothing was a chore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CiS8oDbIxs
    Yes they perfected the highland charge which was essentially a triangular formation the idea of which was to lessen the size of the target for the enemy. I am always astonished when i think of Napoleonic tactics as was employed during the American civil war, people lining up face to face and shooting large projectiles at each other, what the heck were they thinking?
  9. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 19:32
    because the person i was corresponding with was an American, thus the use of imperial units and dollars.
    Has the UK stopped using feet and inches?
    In snooker matches televised by the BBC they sometimes show the distance between the balls and they always use feet and inches.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 20:211 edit
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    Has the UK stopped using feet and inches?
    In snooker matches televised by the BBC they sometimes show the distance between the balls and they always use feet and inches.
    Well it depends what you are slobbering about but to be accurate the UK remains partially metric. You watch snooker? wow, about a snoring as golf, man i am yawning just thinking about it and when Bagpuss goes to sleep all his friends go to sleep as well, the mice on the mice organ. . . . . . and then hes just a saggy old cloth cat, but Emily loves him.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 22:21

It's a skirt dude, face up to it.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 22:58
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CiS8oDbIxs
    Hey Prax, that list on youtube/watch, is that your list? Pretty powerful company! Ry, Andre, Julian, you must like guitar, you play?
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:042 edits
    Well it depends what you are slobbering about but to be accurate the UK remains partially metric. You watch snooker? wow, about a snoring as golf, man i am yawning just thinking about it and when Bagpuss goes to sleep all his friends go to sleep as well, the mice on the mice organ. . . . . . and then hes just a saggy old cloth cat, but Emily loves him.
    Yes ... as a sport it demands a little bit more from the spectator. If you don't mind, I shall suggest a more appropriate for you to watch ...

"Snap" Reveal Hidden Content
    The card game

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚
  14. rebel city
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You know this makes NO sense, right?

Its tough being straight in a gay world, i know, Ive struggled with it for years.
    It happens more and more frequently that I have the feeling that the world is turning gay on all sides and directions. It seems that even science, proved by history, now states that homo and bi-sexuality have always existed.
    New tendency is old fact, part of the recycling wheel that makes us go round. ๐Ÿ™„
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 00:10
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    It happens more and more frequently that I have the feeling that the world is turning gay on all sides and directions. It seems that even science, proved by history, now states that homo and bi-sexuality have always existed.
    New tendency is old fact, part of the recycling wheel that makes us go round. ๐Ÿ™„
    My entire point was that being straight in a "gay world", one would find immeasurably less intolerance and bias than a gay person does in this "straight world".

Of course it's always been around. There's just a little less intolerance being shown about it these days than in the past. Years gone by, you'd be plain stupid to admit being gay for fear for your life. We've all seen the news stories about people being beaten bloody and left hanging from barbed wire or people being dragged behind a pickup truck until there's nothing left but a bony torso. Thank God there's less intolerance to it these days. It took long enough.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree