1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 20:171 edit
    This is not the one about the beloved Scottish comic that died today....Oh, it is :'(
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 20:31
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I always remember one particular joke he cracked .....Scots man got off the train at Kings cross complaining he had lost all his luggage ....the cork had fell out .
    Funny bloke sadly missed .
    Best mates with Alice Cooper apparently .... 😲
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 21:58
    Some of Ronnie's best ever jokes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35935571
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 22:00
    Like many of us I grew up with the Two Ronnie's and Morcambe & Wise; wonderful good-time TV memories from my early teens.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 23:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you not have any fond memories of this man who has died, is that what has prompted this comment?
    No, and no.

Nice to see how well liked the man was. May he rest in peace.

I suppose this means there will be less laughter in the world from now on. I mean, it's not funny when children starve to death, or when a comedian commits suicide. No, let's not talk about that stuff. Instead we should remember fondly, and reminisce together about someone from a comedy show we don't really know and who never knew us. Like the guy really gives a sh t right now what we think of him. After all, wouldn't it be more fun to just post a few critical comments about a fellow poster we all know instead? Wouldn't you all rather entertain yourselves by ridiculing someone you all detest? Or is this just an interlude before the next round of disdain and contempt is unleashed?

That's my pessimistic rant for the day. Thank you and sweet dreams.

Hey FMF, there's an idea for a thread for ya! The Rant Thread. πŸ˜‰
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 23:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    wouldn't it be more fun to just post a few critical comments about a fellow poster we all know instead? Wouldn't you all rather entertain yourselves by ridiculing someone you all detest? Or is this just an interlude before the next round of disdain and contempt is unleashed?
    What does this have to do with Ronnie Corbett?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 03:55
    I suppose this means there will be less laughter in the world from now on. I
    mean, it's not funny when children starve to death, or when a comedian
    commits suicide. No, let's not talk about that stuff. Instead we should remember
    fondly, and reminisce together about someone from a comedy show we don't
    really know and who never knew us.
    The Thread title kinda gives it away don't ya think?

Start up some other threads with your splendid ideas instead of polluting this one.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 03:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Like many of us I grew up with the Two Ronnie's and Morcambe & Wise; wonderful good-time TV memories from my early teens.
    Yeah - Monday lunchtime at school was spent replaying those great sketches from the weekend.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:55

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:57
    No, and no.

I suppose this means there will be less laughter in the world from now on. I mean, it's not funny when children starve to death, or when a comedian commits suicide. No, let's not talk about that stuff. Instead we should remember fondly, and reminisce together about someone from ...[text shortened]... hank you and sweet dreams.

You must be Spanish ...Juan kerr
  11. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 22:03
    No, and no.

I suppose this means there will be less laughter in the world from now on. I mean, it's not funny when children starve to death, or when a comedian commits suicide. No, let's not talk about that stuff. Instead we should remember fondly, and reminisce together about someone from ...[text shortened]... hank you and sweet dreams.

who is his clown , joseph...?

this thread was created to honour the memory of a much loved, talented UK comedian, who sadly passed away recently

I notice today that Mr Alice Cooper has taken time to pay his respects

If you have nothing constructive to say, please stay quiet.

4 candles sketch. Classic
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 09:29
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    who is his clown , joseph...?

this thread was created to honour the memory of a much loved, talented UK comedian, who sadly passed away recently

I notice today that Mr Alice Cooper has taken time to pay his respects

If you have nothing constructive to say, please stay quiet.

4 candles sketch. Classic
    Take no notice of Josephw and his "couldn't give a sh t" pious misanthropy. He is currently in a self imposed pseudo-exile from the spirituality forum where you will still find several pairs of white underpants stew across the metaphorical floor after being metaphorically pulled down on the Internet.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 18:21
    A few of Corbett's quips:

A cement mixer collided with a prison van on the Kingston by-pass. Motorists are asked to be on the look-out for 16 hardened criminals.

We'll be talking to a car designer who's crossed a Toyota with Quasimodo and come up with the Hatchback of Notre Dame .

A juggernaut of onions has shed its load all over the M1. Motorists are advised to find a hard shoulder to cry on.

After a series of crimes in the Glasgow area, Chief Inspector McTavish has announced that he is looking for a man with one eye. If he doesn't find him, he's going to use both eyes.

French wine growers fear that this year's vintage may be entirely spoiled due to the grape treaders' sit-in.

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my right hand .

There was a fire at the Inland Revenue office in London today, but it was put out before any serious good was done.
  14. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 19:11
    Originally posted by moonbus
    A few of Corbett's quips:

A cement mixer collided with a prison van on the Kingston by-pass. Motorists are asked to be on the look-out for 16 hardened criminals.

We'll be talking to a car designer who's crossed a Toyota with Quasimodo and come up with the Hatchback of Notre Dame .

A juggernaut of onions has shed its load all over the M1. Motorists a ...[text shortened]... the Inland Revenue office in London today, but it was put out before any serious good was done.
    You've got to laugh at those ,priceless .
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 20:30
    No, and no.

You're an ass hole.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree