1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 17:32
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/23/sarah-sanders-says-was-thrown-out-virginia-restaurant-because-works-for-trump.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork

I am conflicted on this if true. On the one hand she is Trump's Parrot but on the other hand she is not the one making the policies.

It's a case of shoot the messenger if you ask me.

That is not an endorsement of Sanders, just seems misplaced to be singling her out just for being a parrot.

They should aim their ire at Trump not Sanders.

She won't be there much longer anyway.

Seems like it could lead to a lawsuit but that would be up to her.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 19:24
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/23/sarah-sanders-says-was-thrown-out-virginia-restaurant-because-works-for-trump.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork

I am conflicted on this if true. On the one hand she is Trump's Parrot but on the other hand she is not the one making the policies.

It's a case of shoot the messenger if you as ...[text shortened]... there much longer anyway.

Seems like it could lead to a lawsuit but that would be up to her.
    Who cares outside of America. Or inside for that matter.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 19:49

Maybe they did her a favor. What do you think the cooks might have dropped into her soup?
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Maybe they did her a favor. What do you think the cooks might have dropped into her soup?
    Exactly!
    Remember Dane Cook in the movie "Waiting"?

😛
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 07:57
    Actually the same People who found it outrageous that a baker wouldn't make a weding cake for a homosexual couple are the same celöebrating is disturbing to me.

Either there is a Obligation to serve everybody with all the available offer (in the baker's case it was a single item on the list not available to the couple) o and there si good reason for that seeing US historical two class scoeity (coloured vs. White) or there is not.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 09:37
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Actually the same People who found it outrageous that a baker wouldn't make a weding cake for a homosexual couple are the same celöebrating is disturbing to me.

Either there is a Obligation to serve everybody with all the available offer (in the baker's case it was a single item on the list not available to the couple) o and there si good reason for that seeing US historical two class scoeity (coloured vs. White) or there is not.
    If they have refused to serve her because of a social group she belongs to then that is bigotry.

If they have refused to serve her because she is Sarah Sanders then that is choice.
  7. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 10:48
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Who cares outside of America. Or inside for that matter.
    Outside of a dog mans best friend is a book.
    Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

GM
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 11:10
    Originally posted by @captain-strange
    Outside of a dog mans best friend is a book.
    Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

GM
    Some Grandmaster said that?
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 12:20
    Some Grandmaster said that?
    Groucho Marx

It has not taken much time to type the remaining letters, but then I am not a phone right now 😉
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 15:21
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 15:22
    Originally posted by @ponderable

But the Supreme Court has decreed that bigotry is legal in the US (at least for businesses).

Besides, is discrimination based on political preference bigotry? Maybe they refused to serve her because she is an outrageous liar representing another outrageous liar.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 00:35
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    But the Supreme Court has decreed that bigotry is legal in the US (at least for businesses).

Besides, is discrimination based on political preference bigotry? Maybe they refused to serve her because she is an outrageous liar representing another outrageous liar.
    That's a given but remember, she is just the messenger. And she says she is quitting soon, so it seems to me a bit harsh. Don't get me wrong, I dislike her and loathe Trump but she is just his parrot and probably goes home at night and wants to puke.....
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:09
    Doesn't matter what administration she works for or how intensely people disagree with her or who she represents, she should be allowed to enjoy her meal undisturbed and I think the restaurant should have served her just like any other customer.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 07:472 edits

That is not an endorsement of Sanders, just seems misplaced to be singling her out just for being a parrot.

They should aim their ire at Trump not Sanders.
    I don't think Sanders should've been kicked out. But that doesn't mean she's without blame as far as Trump goes.

Sanders isn't merely a messenger; she actively defends Trump's policies and attacks anyone who disagrees with him. She always makes it clear the she stands behind Trump's politics.

If Sanders merely relayed the President's thoughts without insulting anyone who opposes him, I'd agree that you shouldn't kill the messenger; but she continually fights the press and America with propaganda.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree