1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 07:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    “...I'd been raised by my parents to believe barfing your feelings on other people was the height of impoliteness...”
    ―Stephen King, Joyland
    "Barfing" something original, personal and sincere has surely got to trump vicariously "barfing" other people's thoughts all the time ~ and forever running away from genuine engagement of others. Just a thought (of my own).
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 09:26
    So why in the world lose or abdicate control of your rational intellect in succumbing to emotionally driven "Anger"? Hope you're not suicidal.
    Why would I be suicidal?

Do not despair. I forgive you for storing and disseminating in public
    my private medical information.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 10:11
    So why in the world lose or abdicate control of your rational intellect in succumbing to emotionally driven "Anger"? Hope you're not suicidal.
    This quip is presumably in retaliation for Seitse making some similar quip in the past about you being suicidal ~ I wouldn't put it past him. Am I right? If so, both you and Seitse can surely do better than this.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 10:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    This quip is presumably in retaliation for Seitse making some similar quip in the past about you being suicidal ~ I wouldn't put it past him. Am I right? If so, both you and Seitse can surely do better than this.
    It's o.k. The poor man does not know when to stop. He is
    blinded by anger and he deserves our pity instead of our spite.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 10:55
    “Good manners is just being respectful of others. Whether you know them or not, you should show respect for all people.”
    ―John Patrick Hickey, Oops! Did I Really Post That
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 10:56
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Why would I be suicidal?

Do not despair. I forgive you for storing and disseminating in public
    my private medical information.
    If you forgive, why go on mentioning it? For how long are you going to carry this grudge?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 11:20
    Originally posted by Startreader
    If you forgive, why go on mentioning it? For how long are you going to carry this grudge?
    Has Grampy Bobby denied he did what he was accused of? I missed it if he did. Has he apologized? I missed it if he did. If there is a "grudge" in play here, then I am sure the suicide quip by Grampy Bobby on page 1 is well and truly part of it. I notice you haven't asked how long he's going to carry on behaving the way he does.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 11:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Has Grampy Bobby denied he did what he was accused of? I missed it if he did. Has he apologized? I missed it if he did. If there is a "grudge" in play here, then I am sure the suicide quip by Grampy Bobby on page 1 is well and truly part of it. I notice you haven't asked how long he's going to carry on behaving the way he does.
    There is only one post by Grampy Bobby on page 1. It contains no "suicide quip". It does contain the words "Hope you're not suicidal", a very decent and reasonably expressed hope which, I hope, all of us would share about each other. I hope you're not suicidal too, FMF, and I would like to think that would be a hope that we might all share about each other.

It's not a quip, though. The only "quippy" element would be its succinctness, but a remark needs more than that before it becomes a quip.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 11:48
    There is only one post by Grampy Bobby on page 1. It contains no "suicide quip". It does contain the words "Hope you're not suicidal", a very decent and reasonably expressed hope which, I hope, all of us would share about each other. I hope you're not suicidal too, FMF, and I would like to think that would be a hope that we might all share about each oth ...[text shortened]... " element would be its succinctness, but a remark needs more than that before it becomes a quip.
    It's a quip.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 11:49
    I hope you're not suicidal too, FMF, and I would like to think that would be a hope that we might all share about each other.
    You hope I am not suicidal? 😕
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 11:51
    There is only one post by Grampy Bobby on page 1. It contains no "suicide quip". It does contain the words "Hope you're not suicidal", a very decent and reasonably expressed hope which, I hope, all of us would share about each other. I hope you're not suicidal too, FMF, and I would like to think that would be a hope that we might all share about each oth ...[text shortened]... " element would be its succinctness, but a remark needs more than that before it becomes a quip.
    accurately cutting through the insidious weedy propaganda with swan like gracefulness and diplomatic tact.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 11:53
    How long will you be carrying a grudge against myself?

Will you be "forgiving and forgetting" any perceived insult or injustice?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 11:561 edit
    Why are both Grampy Bobby and Startreader stating on this thread that they hope people ~ with whom they are in dispute ~ "are not suicidal"?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 12:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Startreader believes, and rightly so, that it is best to "forgive and forget", so I was asking her about the depth of her belief in that ideology when you jumped in and made it about you...
    So good lord, man, does she "forgive and forget" or does she "relentlessly insult" you?

Make up your mind.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 12:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So good lord, man, does she "forgive and forget" or does she "relentlessly insult" you?

Make up your mind.
    Surely that is a question for her 😕

It is Startreader who used the word "relentlessly" as an adjective against me, and it is her claim that it is best to "forgive and forget".

Once again you seem to be asking the wrong person Suzianne.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree