09 Oct '12 05:541 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Christmas Contest Day One...

01) Drewnogal: 5

02) CLL53: 123

03) Maxwell Smart: 1012

04)

All things considered, a good day![/b]
    So are you going to post a running summary of guesses? Good. If so, could you put them in order of low to high? Just make a list from zero to the highest and put the first guesser's name next to the ones that are guessed. of course you don't have to post the ones not yet guessed.

It would look like this, so far:

0005 Drewnogal
    0123 CLL53
    0337 Vivify
    1012 Maxwell Smart

This makes it easy for people who have guessed to find and make sure their guess has been registered.
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 07:25
    So, I'm automatically locked out of the contest by being selected as an administrator... AND I have work to do?

I don't remember having a say in this.......

BAH! HUMBUG!! 😠
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 08:31
    Originally posted by JS357

So are you going to post a running summary of guesses? Good. If so, could you put them in order of low to high? Just make a list from zero to the highest and put the first guesser's name next to the ones that are guessed. of course you don't have to post the ones not yet guessed.

It would look like this, so far:

0005 Drewnogal
    0123 CLL53
    0337 Vivify ...[text shortened]... kes it easy for people who have guessed to find and make sure their guess has been registered.
    * "We will need someone to volunteer their services to help monitor posted picks and in order to provide timely updates of those numbers.
    Would anybody interested please let me know by personal message.
    Volunteer won't have wear any mod hat. Friendly banter and repartee
    are, of course, welcome. My thanks to each of you and best of luck to all!" ~elf 3
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 08:351 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid

So, I'm automatically locked out of the contest by being selected as an administrator... AND I have work to do?

I don't remember having a say in this.......

BAH! HUMBUG!! 😠
    * "The jolly guy in red has chosen three Red Hot Pawn Members as his worker elves (Sumydid, Great Big Stees and Grampy Bobby)."

Get a life, like Sum did...
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 10:53
    ...and concludes 1212 must be the winning number, forget it. This includes Ponderable,...

Did I take part in any dubious calculation? I can't remember I picked 233 in the Monty Moose thread because of it's inhabiting quality.

The scientific mind will choose the biggest hole in the numbers to enhance chances. This however is not foolproof. And if alot of people took part in the contest could have a lot to choose from.

I applaud your generosity and stay out of the contest.

best regards
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 12:14
    Thank you GB for your generous offer - I will stay out of the contest this time.
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 12:51
    Note: Just in case some brainy guy or gal decides to employ a forumla such as, 0 + 2423 = 2424 choices / 2 = 1212 (Hmm... December, 2012)
    and concludes 1212 must be the winning number, forget it. This includes Ponderable, Sonhouse and Miklelom. You're, now, on your own. lol
    How condescending can you get?

If you think we used some mathematical formula to get a number then you're bonkers.

They were simply guesses.

I'm astonished at this odd remark! 😠

-m.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 13:26
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...and concludes 1212 must be the winning number, forget it. This includes Ponderable,...

Did I take part in any dubious calculation? I can't remember I picked 233 in the Monty Moose thread because of it's inhabiting quality.

The scientific mind will choose the biggest hole in the numbers to enhance chances. This however is not foolp ...[text shortened]... lot to choose from.

I applaud your generosity and stay out of the contest.

best regards
    Compliment, Ponderable. Strictly a compliment. Stay in. I'll record 233 unless your

interesting rationale suggests otherwise. Thanks for being you and for being here!
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 13:35
    Originally posted by lolof

Thank you GB for your generous offer - I will stay out of the contest this time.
    Du är välkommen. Won't even listen to such foolishness. Must have have at least

two repesenting the homeland. Please reconsider. Meanwhile, I'll note 044. Okay.
  10. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 13:37
    Du är välkommen. Won't even listen to such foolishness. Must have have at least

two repesenting the homeland. Please reconsider. Meanwhile, I'll note 044. Okay.
    Ja, naturligtvis går det bra - tack så mycket! 044 it is.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 13:40
    Originally posted by mikelom
    How condescending can you get?

If you think we used some mathematical formula to get a number then you're bonkers.

They were simply guesses.

I'm astonished at this odd remark! 😠

-m.
    Morning, Mike. Jesting with three friends I consider especially brainy (P, S and you).

Intent? Playfullness to set a relaxed tone. You seem quite tight. Loosen up. Ok.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 14:18
    Ja, naturligtvis går det bra - tack så mycket! 044 it is.
    Vi är bra, sötnos!

😏
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 14:28
    Compliment, Ponderable. Strictly a compliment. Stay in. I'll record 233 unless your

interesting rationale suggests otherwise. Thanks for being you and for being here!
    Thank you then and 233 stands. The qualities of the numbers don't change 😉
  14. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 14:51
    Vi är bra, sötnos!

😏
    Javisst är vi det! Det var roligt! 🙂
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 15:17

Javisst är vi det! Det var roligt! 🙂
    Skrattar högt VAD Vill du MEST till juli?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree