General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    14 Mar '16 01:251 edit
    Any tried this? What did you think? I find it fascinating as a modern culture phenomenon. I hope I can find some time to explore and analyse it.

    Fascinating article here: https://www.good.is/articles/second-life-communities
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    14 Mar '16 01:49
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Any tried this? What did you think? I find it fascinating as a modern culture phenomenon. I hope I can find some time to explore and analyse it.

    Fascinating article here: https://www.good.is/articles/second-life-communities
    I'm still trying to navigate the first life. The last thing I need is to explore a virtual reality. Sounds like escapism to me. But that's just me. Oh well! 😉
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    14 Mar '16 01:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    I'm still trying to navigate the first life. The last thing I need is to explore a virtual reality. Sounds like escapism to me. But that's just me. Oh well! 😉
    There there.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    14 Mar '16 02:221 edit
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    There there.
    You know those helmets and body suits they're developing? Where one can experience a virtual thingy? Reminds me of the old Star Trek holodeck. It would be extremely interesting if one could do recreation in such a thing. I have no doubt science will one day develope it. Maybe.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    14 Mar '16 02:29
    Originally posted by josephw
    You know those helmets and body suits they're developing? Where one can experience a virtual thingy? Reminds me of the old Star Trek holodeck. It would be extremely interesting if one could do recreation in such a thing. I have no doubt science will one day develope it. Maybe.
    What is a 'thingy' and what do you refer to with the word 'recreation'? I find your language is often impossible to decipher — may I ask where you are from?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45825
    14 Mar '16 07:19
    Wasn't this a Red Dwarf episode or three?
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    14 Mar '16 11:07
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    What is a 'thingy' and what do you refer to with the word 'recreation'? I find your language is often impossible to decipher — may I ask where you are from?
    Recreation. You know, fun activities.

    Thingy- an apparatus. 😉

    San Diego originally. Lived everywhere from the gutter to the mountain top.
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    14 Mar '16 11:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    Recreation. You know, fun activities.

    Thingy- an apparatus. 😉

    San Diego originally. Lived everywhere from the gutter to the mountain top.
    Any recommendations for tourists in San Diego?
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    14 Mar '16 12:21
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Any recommendations for tourists in San Diego?
    Haven't been there since the 1950's. If you don't like congestion stay out of Southern California. I was in and out of California in the 70's and 80's. Took a vacation in 04 to visit my old haunts after an absence of 17 years. It was unrecognizable. Extremely developed.

    Used to go up into the mountains frequently when I lived out there. The deserts too. I'm incline toward remote areas. I doubt if there is still access to most of the places I used to go.

    The beaches and boardwalks on the coast are interesting. If you like crowds. Expensive.
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    14 Mar '16 12:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    Haven't been there since the 1950's. If you don't like congestion stay out of Southern California. I was in and out of California in the 70's and 80's. Took a vacation in 04 to visit my old haunts after an absence of 17 years. It was unrecognizable. Extremely developed.

    Used to go up into the mountains frequently when I lived out there. The deserts too. ...[text shortened]... go.

    The beaches and boardwalks on the coast are interesting. If you like crowds. Expensive.
    I can cope with congestion and crowds. Expensiveness less so, but that could change 🙂 . I looked at some pictures, it looks like a beautiful city with a great climate.

    Where were your 'haunts'?
Back to Top