Second Life

Second Life

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Moves
14 Mar 16
1 edit

Any tried this? What did you think? I find it fascinating as a modern culture phenomenon. I hope I can find some time to explore and analyse it.

Fascinating article here: https://www.good.is/articles/second-life-communities

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Mar 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
Any tried this? What did you think? I find it fascinating as a modern culture phenomenon. I hope I can find some time to explore and analyse it.

Fascinating article here: https://www.good.is/articles/second-life-communities
I'm still trying to navigate the first life. The last thing I need is to explore a virtual reality. Sounds like escapism to me. But that's just me. Oh well! 😉

N

Moves
14 Mar 16

Originally posted by josephw
I'm still trying to navigate the first life. The last thing I need is to explore a virtual reality. Sounds like escapism to me. But that's just me. Oh well! 😉
There there.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Mar 16
1 edit

There there.
You know those helmets and body suits they're developing? Where one can experience a virtual thingy? Reminds me of the old Star Trek holodeck. It would be extremely interesting if one could do recreation in such a thing. I have no doubt science will one day develope it. Maybe.

N

Moves
14 Mar 16

You know those helmets and body suits they're developing? Where one can experience a virtual thingy? Reminds me of the old Star Trek holodeck. It would be extremely interesting if one could do recreation in such a thing. I have no doubt science will one day develope it. Maybe.
What is a 'thingy' and what do you refer to with the word 'recreation'? I find your language is often impossible to decipher — may I ask where you are from?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
14 Mar 16

Wasn't this a Red Dwarf episode or three?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Mar 16

What is a 'thingy' and what do you refer to with the word 'recreation'? I find your language is often impossible to decipher — may I ask where you are from?
Recreation. You know, fun activities.

Thingy- an apparatus. 😉

San Diego originally. Lived everywhere from the gutter to the mountain top.

N

Moves
14 Mar 16

Recreation. You know, fun activities.

Thingy- an apparatus. 😉

San Diego originally. Lived everywhere from the gutter to the mountain top.
Any recommendations for tourists in San Diego?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Mar 16

Any recommendations for tourists in San Diego?
Haven't been there since the 1950's. If you don't like congestion stay out of Southern California. I was in and out of California in the 70's and 80's. Took a vacation in 04 to visit my old haunts after an absence of 17 years. It was unrecognizable. Extremely developed.

Used to go up into the mountains frequently when I lived out there. The deserts too. I'm incline toward remote areas. I doubt if there is still access to most of the places I used to go.

The beaches and boardwalks on the coast are interesting. If you like crowds. Expensive.

N

Moves
14 Mar 16

Haven't been there since the 1950's. If you don't like congestion stay out of Southern California. I was in and out of California in the 70's and 80's. Took a vacation in 04 to visit my old haunts after an absence of 17 years. It was unrecognizable. Extremely developed.

Used to go up into the mountains frequently when I lived out there. The deserts too. ...[text shortened]... go.

The beaches and boardwalks on the coast are interesting. If you like crowds. Expensive.
I can cope with congestion and crowds. Expensiveness less so, but that could change 🙂 . I looked at some pictures, it looks like a beautiful city with a great climate.

Where were your 'haunts'?