1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 14:29
    O God, he died yesterday, April 23rd. 400 years ago, but yet, I wasn't aware! I am devastated.
    I had a feeling, though, yesterday, when I attended a play A Behanding in Spokane at one of Belgrade theaters. Written by Martin McDongahs, of course translated in Serbian under boring title "Hand".
    Here is the review of Broadway version, with Cristpher Walken>>>
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/mar/14/martin-mcdonagh-race-row-broadway

And I had strange feeling that something terrible was going to happen, specially during the scene when two handcuffed tricksters tried to extinguish a candle with a fuse connected to a bucket with gasoline.
    They threw their shoes on the candle, and I was sitting in I row and was so close to that candle.
    I think the "Toby"character was trowing his shoes deliberately clumsy so as not to hit by chance one of us in 1st row...
    And I thought of Shakespeare, what kind of shoes was he wearing, maybe Star Converse sneakers or sandals or something else, and I felt something went wrong.
    And now I learned - Shakespeare passed away 400 years and 1 day ago.
    Tragedy.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 15:35
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    O God, he died yesterday, April 23rd. 400 years ago, but yet, I wasn't aware! I am devastated.
    I had a feeling, though, yesterday, when I attended a play [b]A Behanding in Spokane
    at one of Belgrade theaters. Written by Martin McDongahs, of course translated in Serbian under boring title "Hand".
    Here is the review of Broadway version, with Cristphe ...[text shortened]... hing went wrong.
    And now I learned - Shakespeare passed away 400 years and 1 day ago.
    Tragedy.[/b]
    You thought he was still alive?!

😕
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 15:411 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You thought he was still alive?!

😕
    All my life I was listening to "Shakespeare our contemporary" and "it was like he wrote Scottish Play Reveal Hidden Content
    cursed 'Macbeth'
    yesterday..."
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 16:26
    There's an open air theatre in Regents Park (London) which is one of the best places in the world to watch Shakespeare. (The food outside though isn't great).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree