1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 May '16 06:49
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Now if I could only get my hands on a time machine...

Pretty sure I'm beyond the usual first phase of treatment, though: this thing wakes me up even after a few scotch's.
    It would probably take a time machine to convince you the Earth ain't flat.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '16 07:081 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    He's trying to get some medical advice without having to pay for it.
    It's amusing how Freaky will take medical advice from a bunch of anonymous unqualified chess players, but won't believe all the scientists in the world about anything else.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 May '16 12:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's amusing how Freaky will take medical advice from a bunch of anonymous unqualified chess players, but won't believe all the scientists in the world about anything else.
    One, I am gathering information.
    Two, you've exaggerated your claim.
    A scientist is anyone who engages in the disciplines of science.
    Anyone.
    How a person makes their living otherwise is of no consequence.
    There is less than a handful of fields related to anything remotely linked to the shape of the earth--- the overwhelming majority of fields have nothing whatsoever to say about the earth's shape.
    You may as well have said "four out of five orthopedic surgeons recommend Trident for their patients who chew gum."
    Seriously: what bearing do unrelated fields have on it, and who cares what anyone with no more knowledge than anyone else thinks about the topic?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree