General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    79231
    07 Jun '13 11:22
    Apropos to nothing you folks are babbling about, how about the slow, grinding log-ins to RHP these days. Another improvement!! Sometimes I wish I were one of those mindless nitwits who walk down crowded city streets completely unable to look up from their "smart" phones [I use the term facetiously]. But I'm not. Keep grinding, RHP.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97209
    07 Jun '13 13:45
    Originally posted by Timmonnj
    Apropos to nothing you folks are babbling about, how about the slow, grinding log-ins to RHP these days. Another improvement!! Sometimes I wish I were one of those mindless nitwits who walk down crowded city streets completely unable to look up from their "smart" phones [I use the term facetiously]. But I'm not. Keep grinding, RHP.
    I've been experiencing the same thing with the added bit of "error" V2 or something like that a couple of times today where I lose the site altogether. It's probably due to global warming or maybe California has finally slid into the Pacific and we know that it's San Andreas' Fault.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1888
    07 Jun '13 13:47
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I've been experiencing the same thing with the added bit of "error" V2 or something like that a couple of times today where I lose the site altogether. It's probably due to global warming or maybe California has finally slid into the Pacific and we know that it's San Andreas' Fault.
    Global Warning! I'll take that.

    I could see some people were experiencing problems, so we took the site down briefly, and are monitoring it now.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35782
    07 Jun '13 23:34
    Originally posted by Timmonnj
    Apropos to nothing you folks are babbling about, how about the slow, grinding log-ins to RHP these days. Another improvement!! Sometimes I wish I were one of those mindless nitwits who walk down crowded city streets completely unable to look up from their "smart" phones [I use the term facetiously]. But I'm not. Keep grinding, RHP.
    What log ins?

    I don't log off when I shut my browser down and turn off my computer, so I never have to log back in.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322303
    08 Jun '13 23:16
    I think he means any page loads. Things have been slow here for months, tracert suggested the problem was the Pacific pipeline rather than RHP, but: I have two RHP permanent tabs and two AB permanent tabs. When I do a block "reload tabs" the two ABs arrive a good 30 seconds earlier than the two RHPs. Since they're all using the same pipeline I think it's a fair indication that RHP isn't doing its best.
  6. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    09 Jun '13 00:52
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I think he means any page loads. Things have been slow here for months, tracert suggested the problem was the Pacific pipeline rather than RHP, but: I have two RHP permanent tabs and two AB permanent tabs. When I do a block "reload tabs" the two ABs arrive a good 30 seconds earlier than the two RHPs. Since they're all using the same pipeline I think it's a fair indication that RHP isn't doing its best.
    Dude, things have been slow here for years. Sometimes it's okay, other times it grinds like a thing that grinds (sorry couldn't think of a better analogy). Point being though, that it's not the 'upgrade' that is causing the problems.

    It's business as usual from where I stand.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322303
    09 Jun '13 01:20
    You're right, it's not a new thing, about 8 or 9 months since things got slow here. It's noticeable that tracert always blames the Aust-US undersea cable, but some US-based sites are noticeably better than others, which would tend to blame particular US networks for apparently contributing to the problem.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    11 Jun '13 03:27
    Site so slow I just got the new interface. 😞
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    11 Jun '13 03:36
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Site so slow I just got the new interface. 😞
    So we can expect a new wave of complaints in about 2 weeks?
Back to Top