1. Los Angeles
    Moves
    09 May '18 18:13
    My gripe today is directed to players who know they are beaten but refuse to move until the last moment. Why don't they show a little sportsmanship and resign with a little comment such as well played? Now I feel better getting this off my chest !πŸ˜€
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 May '18 18:40
    patience pops, patience...
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 May '18 21:13
    since we are now engaged in the immortal game,
    and i can only assume i was challenged because of my flippant reply to yer heartfelt lament,
    is yer ultimate goal to show me how painful it is to watch as a slow player torments his opponent with his slothosity???
    ahh, who cares???
    i do so enjoy this silly game...
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 May '18 22:21
    Originally posted by @taipei5200
    My gripe today is ...
    I thought you said 'slow prayers'. Sounded interesting.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 May '18 22:531 edit
    My gripe today is directed to players who know they are beaten but refuse to move until the last moment. Why don't they show a little sportsmanship and resign with a little comment such as well played? Now I feel better getting this off my chest !πŸ˜€
    You talking about your game with Mallys7? This dude has only a few hours left till the skull appears.

And your game with captkirck you are the one slipping into overtime.....
  6. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    09 May '18 22:55
    resign, move on. enjoy a new game...
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 May '18 23:21
    I suggest pay closer attention to the time limits on games you are joining. If you don't like the time banks then play in tournaments that are closer to your desired time for one to move.

As a Paying subscriber you can play as many games as you wish. Why is one game going to bother you one way or the other?

-VR
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '18 23:51
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I suggest pay closer attention to the time limits on games you are joining. If you don't like the time banks then play in tournaments that are closer to your desired time for one to move.

As a Paying subscriber you can play as many games as you wish. Why is one game going to bother you one way or the other?

-VR
    You beat me to it, VR.

They do have 1/0 games for people who need to win on timeout.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 May '18 05:04
    We've heard this gripe so many times before from so many others, and the answer is always the same: he's hoping you'll get hit by a truck. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic, so look both ways.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    10 May '18 05:12
    Originally posted by @very-rusty

-VR
    I don't think this is the point being made. I can't play 1 day timeouts because of a sometimes dodgy internet connection, so I go for 3 days with no time - bank. Increasingly it seems to me that players in lost situations just let the game time - out, like they've forgotten to make a move....Waiting three days isn't a problem, but it's the spirit of the thing, trying to hang on to some rating points like some point - obsessed maniac. It's only a game for heaven's sake. If you've lost, just resign and say 'well played', 'thanks for the game' or whatever. Anything else just isn't cricket.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '18 07:09
    I really don’t mind when a player does this; it’s about patience and making them suffer with every move they stubbornly hold out for. I enjoy inflicting a death by a thousand cuts.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '18 07:22
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    We've heard this gripe so many times before from so many others, and the answer is always the same: he's hoping you'll get hit by a truck. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic, so look both ways.
    It's also prudent to put a young picture of yourself as an avatar, making clear you have all the time in the world.
  13. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    10 May '18 07:53
    Bloody Swines !
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 May '18 20:25
    Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
    I don't think this is the point being made. I can't play 1 day timeouts because of a sometimes dodgy internet connection, so I go for 3 days with no time - bank. Increasingly it seems to me that players in lost situations just let the game time - out, like they've forgotten to make a move....Waiting three days isn't a problem, but it's the spirit of ...[text shortened]... sign and say 'well played', 'thanks for the game' or whatever. Anything else just isn't cricket.
    My reply to you would be in your very own words said in your profile.

" I take it seriously, but not that seriously, 'tis but a game, after all. πŸ˜‰

-VR
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    10 May '18 20:52
    I have two games going since September. My opponent has more than 300 games and I would guess, more important games too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree