1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 May '18 22:17
    Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
    It ain't about the game, it's about attitudes to the game, and I'm only 'sweating' about it because it's come up in conversation.
    There is nothing we can do about players that want to drag it out...I've done so myself when the person has said nice game before it is actually over. Dislike very much someone rubbing in a victory that way...but nothing I can do about it, except make him wait for it as long as I can without timing out which I don't do often. 😉

-VR
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '18 07:16
    I think I made a similar point in my post. The seriousness or otherwise of it isn't the point either, it's the juvenile and mean - spirited attitude of people who just can't bear to lose a game until they absolutely have to.
    Hm... on the one hand, yes, that is juvenile. On rhe other hand, isn't it even more small-minded to get worked up about it enough to conplain in a public forum?
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    14 May '18 20:09
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Hm... on the one hand, yes, that is juvenile. On rhe other hand, isn't it even more small-minded to get worked up about it enough to conplain in a public forum?
    Somebody else has raised the subject, and it's something which interests me within the context of the website, and so I am expressing an opinion. You imply that anybody who does so is by necessity getting 'worked up' about any given subject, and I would disagree with you. Your question asks whether anybody who expresses an opinion about something is being small - minded, and I don't think that they are.

This post comes to you in an un worked - up spirit.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 May '18 14:04
    Somebody else has raised the subject, and it's something which interests me within the context of the website, and so I am expressing an opinion. You imply that anybody who does so is by necessity getting 'worked up' about any given subject, and I would disagree with you. Your question asks whether anybody who expresses an opinion about something is ...[text shortened]... minded, and I don't think that they are.

This post comes to you in an un worked - up spirit.
    N. My remark was about the general attitude in this thread, and about the several people who complain about them. It wasn't about you personally; your post was merely the point at which I joined in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree