General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    15 Dec '12 12:31
    So many dark clouds hanging heavily...

    So many dark clouds hanging heavily over the world today, let's lighten our corner in the general forum by thinking
    silly stuff aloud. One Rule: Any poor soul thumbing down anybody else's post gets banished forever and a day. Ok?

    * Thirty (30) days hath September, April, June and no wonder I can't remember; all the rest have thirty one (31),
    except for one vewy sad November which unfortunately and deservedly had a merciful total of thirty eight (38).

    *
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    922321
    15 Dec '12 21:36
    A tisket a tasket and green and yellow hacking cough
    I wonder where my dear friend went, oh yeah the mods caught him posting
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97209
    15 Dec '12 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    A tisket a tasket and green and yellow hacking cough
    I wonder where my dear friend went, oh yeah the mods caught him posting
    Is there an auto...? Aw forget it.

    How did it re-appear?😕
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    16 Dec '12 00:10
    Vomuptoit? Is that hurling in Alsatian dialect?
    Is it emanations from an artifact?
    Artichoke, pen broke, never eat a rimless, rindless cantalope
    Instead drink in one swig the antidote
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    16 Dec '12 00:232 edits
    Hickory, dickory, dock...


    Hickory, dickory, dock,

    the mouse ran up the clock.

    On the way up, its tail froze;

    why it froze nobody knows.

    The new keyboard also froze.


    Then, the wee frightened mouse

    thought it saw Bowmann's ghost.

    Completing that forum post

    took 17 edits, the very most

    ever recorded on a forum's clock.


    Hickory, dickory, dock...


    ""
    ºº
    ¿
    O
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    16 Dec '12 00:411 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    So many dark clouds hanging heavily...
    I didn't give a thumb here. I reserve my right to get angry.
  7. Joined
    31 Oct '07
    Moves
    91292
    16 Dec '12 01:43
    Is anyone here old enough to remember the autograph book rhymes that schoolkids wrote into friends books? I think they ended with the Second World War. Here is one that was written in mine:

    Sure as grass grows round a stump, I want you for my sugar lump.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    16 Dec '12 01:54
    Originally posted by ale1552...

    Sure as grass grows round a stump, I want you for my sugar lump.[/b]
    you're from the midwest
  9. Joined
    31 Oct '07
    Moves
    91292
    16 Dec '12 02:01
    Originally posted by apathist
    you're from the midwest
    How did you know that? :0
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    16 Dec '12 02:42
    Originally posted by ale1552
    How did you know that? :0
    Ale, you're grain basket. You are the very best of people.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    16 Dec '12 02:461 edit
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Is anyone here old enough to remember the autograph book rhymes that schoolkids wrote into friends books? I think they ended with the Second World War. Here is one that was written in mine:

    Sure as grass grows round a stump, I want you for my sugar lump.
    Soon as lots of thumbs down litter up a nice thread,

    I want to know where the refs are and the ump.
    -
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    16 Dec '12 02:531 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Soon as lots of thumbs down litter up a nice thread,

    I want to know where the refs are and the ump.
    -
    Bobby, don't worry about what other people think. But you already know that.
  13. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    16 Dec '12 02:55
    I once got a birthday card that said:

    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I'm a schizophrenic,
    And so am I.
  14. Wat?
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    76863
    16 Dec '12 02:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]So many dark clouds hanging heavily...

    So many dark clouds hanging heavily over the world today, let's lighten our corner in the general forum by thinking
    silly stuff aloud. One Rule: Any poor soul thumbing down anybody else's post gets banished forever and a day. Ok?

    * Thirty (30) days hath September, April, June and no wonder I can't rem ...[text shortened]... d November which unfortunately and deservedly had a merciful total of thirty eight (38).

    *[/b]
    There's no dark clouds hanging in my world.

    I am in no corner in the GF, neither.

    Yay to me, and to my life!

    -m.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    16 Dec '12 03:061 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    There's no dark clouds hanging in my world.

    I am in no corner in the GF, neither.

    Yay to me, and to my life!

    -m.
    That's very, very good to learn, Mike.

    The rest of us blokes will take a hike.
    -
Back to Top