1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 18:47
    remember when on Christmas Day the streets and sidewalks would be filled with children riding their new bikes, skating with their shinny new skates, pulling their red wagons, playing catch out in the fresh air just having fun?
    now as I look down my street, not a single kid outside and the weather is beautiful
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 19:19
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    remember when on Christmas Day the streets and sidewalks would be filled with children riding their new bikes, skating with their shinny new skates, pulling their red wagons, playing catch out in the fresh air just having fun?
    now as I look down my street, not a single kid outside and the weather is beautiful
    Peeping through your curtains?
  3. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 20:37
    Yes I do - now electronic games that children play with indoors are the thing and have been for so many years now - so trite but so sad...
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 21:57
    My little girl pedalled her bike for the first time on Christmas Eve.
    It was a Christmas present from last year!

We intend cycling a lot this summer.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 22:19
    safer inside...chances have greatly increased of being shot, raped or kidnapped thanks to illegals a refugees.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Dec '17 00:09
    Do you think that today’s younger generation will become just as
    nostalgic about Christmas as we seem to be as they grow older?
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    26 Dec '17 01:18
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Do you think that today’s younger generation will become just as
    nostalgic about Christmas as we seem to be as they grow older?
    yes
    but I can't imagine why
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '17 06:461 edit
    I was given my first bike in the 50's, some weeks before Christmas.. On my bike, on Nov 29, I was hit by a car: it changed my life. For Mott, the driver was not an illegal or refugee. Try outside your box, friend.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Dec '17 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    safer inside...chances have greatly increased of being shot, raped or kidnapped thanks to illegals a refugees.
    My best friend from primary school was knocked off his bike while in their home street; it was a hit-and-run. The driver would call the boy's mother on their home phone every few months to ask how the boy was. Obviously someone from the neighbourhood. No illegal or immigrant. Could have been and Tom, Dick, or Harry, and probably was. Creepy.

My friend suffered brain damage and personality disorder. He never fully recovered.

That happened in the 1960s. There were creeps in the neighborhood then; there are still creeps in the neighbourhood now. I guess there always will be. You can't protect your kids against everything. You can only warn them of avoidable dangers and hope they stay out of the way of unavoidable ones.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '17 11:51
    Originally posted by @js357
    I was given my first bike in the 50's, some weeks before Christmas.. On my bike, on Nov 29, I was hit by a car: it changed my life. For Mott, the driver was not an illegal or refugee. Try outside your box, friend.
    But i bet he or she was giving a lift to an illegal or refugee to where ever they needed to go 😉
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Dec '17 20:15
    ...and hypocritical Republican candidates.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '17 01:05
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    ...and hypocritical Republican candidates.
    I agree to a point. establishment republicans yes.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Dec '17 15:31
    I agree to a point. establishment republicans yes.
    There is no other kind. Don't be fooled: the more a politician, especially a right-wing one, claims to be "not one of them" and "up against the establishment", the deeper he is in the establishment's pockets.
  14. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 00:33
    There is a direct relationship between the lack of social interaction that kids generate today, and the snowflakes who are so easily offended. They don't play games with each other. They don't play sports without coaches and referees. They can't climb a tree without their mommy. These things build self-esteem, the major character shortcoming in today's youth. Without self-esteem, they seek the comfort of like-minded groups, and the safety of the herd.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 10:41
    Originally posted by @john-osmar
    There is a direct relationship between the lack of social interaction that kids generate today, and the snowflakes who are so easily offended. They don't play games with each other. They don't play sports without coaches and referees. They can't climb a tree without their mommy. These things build self-esteem, the major character shortcoming in today's y ...[text shortened]... h. Without self-esteem, they seek the comfort of like-minded groups, and the safety of the herd.
    I think you may have something here; it would be interesting to see extracts from any social studies on this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree