1. Joined
    29 Dec '17
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:28
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    remember when on Christmas Day the streets and sidewalks would be filled with children riding their new bikes, skating with their shinny new skates, pulling their red wagons, playing catch out in the fresh air just having fun?
    now as I look down my street, not a single kid outside and the weather is beautiful
    Bah Humbug.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:43
    Originally posted by @badger-red
    Bah Humbug.
    Just when we thought things couldn't get any worse...
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by @john-osmar
    There is a direct relationship between the lack of social interaction that kids generate today, and the snowflakes who are so easily offended. They don't play games with each other. They don't play sports without coaches and referees. They can't climb a tree without their mommy. These things build self-esteem, the major character shortcoming in today's y ...[text shortened]... h. Without self-esteem, they seek the comfort of like-minded groups, and the safety of the herd.
    As long as I can remember kids including myself hung out in groups, of course we all played hockey, football, soccer and baseball together. We had no cell phones or computers. We actually talked to each other. It is fact todays youth are far different from when we were kids.
    LOL...We might have done better with coaches and referees though it would have cut down on all the fist fights!!

-VR
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 15:08
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Just when we thought things couldn't get any worse...
    Does the name "badger red" ring anyone's bell?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 15:23
    Badger who? 😉
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 17:54
    Originally posted by @very-rusty