Sober October.

Sober October.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
21 Oct 21
1 edit

Thursday is always a stressful night for me, and one where a Rum and diet coke always feels deserved. This will be the fourth week in my sobriety (started Sunday 26th September). I've went months without a drink before, but when I go back off the proverbial wagon I can easily get into a habit of drinking two to three times a week. Not sure I'm ready to stay dry, but having had many litres of spirits, wine, and beer in the house I know I have the will power when necessary.

Now "Processed Sugar free November"...that will be a challenge.

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
21 Oct 21

@huckleberryhound i drink every day of the week but just don't overdo it, my liver might crap out before i retire but the ways things are going in the world there doesn't look like much to look forward to

Contentious

Moves
21 Oct 21

@huckleberryhound

Good for you.

This may seem like ridiculous advice but when I was drinking beer almost every day I knew I should slow down and when I started smoking weed which is legal here my drinking is almost non existent now.

Obviously recommending another drug to get away from alcohol is unorthodox but it worked for me.

Moves
21 Oct 21

Did the same in February, good experiment to do, not just with alcohol, have done a similar thing with coffee... Both hard to cut out totally, mental thing really.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
21 Oct 21

Hey HH, congrats and good luck. Try and just do it slow, if you go back

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
21 Oct 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Hey HH, congrats and good luck. Try and just do it slow, if you go back
Going back to Scotland in Nov 4th...I don't see slow happening lol. Feel fitter, sweating less at the gym...definitely has it's positives. (thanks)

Moves
21 Oct 21

@huckleberryhound said
Thursday is always a stressful night for me
Why’s that?

Just on an aside…

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
22 Oct 21

@divegeester said
Why’s that?

Just on an aside…
That's when the voices tell me to kill...they're very punctual that way.

Moves
22 Oct 21

@huckleberryhound said
That's when the voices tell me to kill...they're very punctual that way.
That’s Wednesday for me. Feel your pain, how many did you bump off yesterday though?

Moves
22 Oct 21

Who do you want to kill the the most? Cyclists on the footpath/sidewalk for me, or people who put their bags on chairs in busy trains and look offended when asked to move them.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
22 Oct 21

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Oct 21

@Wycombe-Al
I am with you al I have a few + every night, my liver function results came back fine september gone.

Moves
22 Oct 21

@badradger said
@Wycombe-Al
I am with you al I have a few + every night, my liver function results came back fine september gone.
I partake of one, sometimes two, wobbly pops every evening and on rare occasions enjoy a scotch or a vodka martini. Thus far all internal organs used in dispersing them are functioning as intended.👍

SRB

Moves
22 Oct 21

@great-big-stees said
I partake of one, sometimes two, wobbly pops every evening and on rare occasions enjoy a scotch or a vodka martini. Thus far all internal organs used in dispersing them are functioning as intended.👍
This is how you intend your brain to function? 😃

Moves
22 Oct 21

@relentless-red said
This is how you intend your brain to function? 😃
I sir, am a scarecrow and so don’t have one yet though I do plan, when this Covid thing is over, to travel to Oz to see about getting one.👍