1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 09:11
    @fmf said
    I am compelled to keep plugging in USB things, yes. I am, of course, talking about when I try to do so blind. I obviously don't get them upside down when I check first.
    I get them upside down when I check first. I think the orientation of the socket varies from one device to another so I should check the socket and not the symbol on the plug, but I check the wrong thing.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 09:24
    @relentless-red said
    I get them upside down when I check first. I think the orientation of the socket varies from one device to another so I should check the socket and not the symbol on the plug, but I check the wrong thing.
    Plugging them in after checking is not a problem at all. I always get it right if I check first. The Instance Of Sod's Law in the OP ~ "when I try to plug in a USB cable or flash disk, I have it upside down [about 90% of the time]" ~ is when I try to plug them in blind. If that wasn't clear, I apologize.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 09:37
    There are loads of pens around my home. But whenever I need one to add to the shopping list or take a note from the phone call, they're all hiding and the one I blue-tacked to the wall, next to the list, works for the first few letters in a frustrating turn of events. Lulling me into thinking I won't have to go look for a pen this time.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 09:43
    @yo-its-me said
    There are loads of pens around my home. But whenever I need one to add to the shopping list or take a note from the phone call, they're all hiding and the one I blue-tacked to the wall, next to the list, works for the first few letters in a frustrating turn of events. Lulling me into thinking I won't have to go look for a pen this time.
    Ditto on all this, except blue tack is hard to find here. We have a clip thing with a magnet.
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 10:09
    @yo-its-me said
    Check the toy boxes, wall sides of single beds, kid’s backpacks?
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 10:15
    While rinsing the cup of a spoon in a sink...there's a greater than 50% probability that I'm not paying attention when the water splashes up upon my shirt.
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 10:43
    @wolfe63 said
    While rinsing the cup of a spoon in a sink...there's a greater than 50% probability that I'm not paying attention when the water splashes up upon my shirt.
    But if you are about to go into a meeting the water always aims directly for the groin.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 16:36
    @wolfe63 said
    Wolfy,
    I thought you said up my skirt, I really have to start wearing my reading specs or make my fonts bigger....LOL.... 🙂

-VR
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 10:30
    @fmf said
    Nine times out of ten ~ not 50% of the time ~ when I try to plug in a USB cable or flash disk, I have it upside down. It's uncanny.

More examples of little things?
    This is because USB plugs are fermions, which have half spin. That means you have to rotate them twice, not once, to get them back the same way you started with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree