Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
General Forum

General Forum

  1. 23 Dec '17 14:52
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I love the Winter Solstice: The days get longer and I psychologically heal from the lack of daylight.
    Like chemically produced "meds" for physical symptoms one can use artificial light sources for your issues right?
  2. 25 Dec '17 00:05
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Like chemically produced "meds" for physical symptoms one can use artificial light sources for your issues right?
    I’ve heard if it but have never looked into trying it not heard
    of it being recommended to anyone by a doctor.

    I’ll pick up after the new year and am even already
    hearing the approach of spring in the songs of birds.
  3. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    25 Dec '17 00:16
    Let us celebrate the god born of a virgin on December 25, who ascended into the heavens. His quote, "Unless you eat of my flesh and drink of my blood you will not be with me in the next world" can be found carved in stone on a wall in St Peter's Basilica in Rome.
    Of course, you know I refer to the bullgod Mithras.
    Merry Mithramas !
  4. 25 Dec '17 00:21
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I love the Winter Solstice: The days get longer and I psychologically heal from the lack of daylight.
    Summer solstice down here. Day lasted from 5 am to 830pm.
  5. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    25 Dec '17 22:01
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I’ve heard if it but have never looked into trying it not heard
    of it being recommended to anyone by a doctor.

    I’ll pick up after the new year and am even already
    hearing the approach of spring in the songs of birds.
    I've read about it and have evidence from a friend that those light boxes
    really work. My friends one was halogen - apparently the new led ones
    are better because the spectrum mimics daylight more accurately.

    Good luck.