1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 21:37
    @very-rusty said
    Lets face it, all the Media attention he gets is well worth his so called being generous!! 😉

-VR
    Or maybe he's just a decent person to people.

You should try it sometime. 😉
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 21:42
    @very-rusty said
    Lets face it, all the Media attention he gets is well worth his so called being generous!! 😉

-VR
    I believe in generosity, if we get something in return for giving something,, it's fine. I love truly generous people who give with their hearts. I had a good feeling with this guy, media attention seeker or not.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 21:44
    @torunn said
    I believe in generosity, if we get something in return for giving something,, it's fine. I love truly generous people who give with their hearts. I had a good feeling with this guy, media attention seeker or not.
    torunn....You see the good in everyone! 😉

-VR
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 22:14
    Cool
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 22:17
    @chaney3 said
    Or maybe he's just a decent person to people.

You should try it sometime. 😉
    I call 'em like I see 'em.

Perhaps you should try that sometime.

You don't always have to follow the crowd! 🙂

-VR
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 22:25
    @very-rusty said
    I call 'em like I see 'em.

Perhaps you should try that sometime.

You don't always have to follow the crowd! 🙂

-VR
    As I mentioned on the previous page, Keith Urban seems to consistently invite young fans and their families onstage during his concerts. Those moments are awesome for the fans, and it's my opinion that Urban does it for "them" and not any additional glory, as you've cynically suggested.

Keep in mind that I'm not a country music fan, and am not at all promoting Keith Urban for any reason other than he seems to enjoy making his concerts a special event for his fans, and I respect him for that.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 22:341 edit
    @chaney3 said
    As I mentioned on the previous page, Keith Urban seems to consistently invite young fans and their families onstage during his concerts. Those moments are awesome for the fans, and it's my opinion that Urban does it for "them" and not any additional glory, as you've cynically suggested.

Keep in mind that I'm not a country music fan, and am not at all promoting Keith Urban ...[text shortened]... than he seems to enjoy making his concerts a special event for his fans, and I respect him for that.
    Keith Urban is a country singer, known mainly to people who enjoy country and western songs, unknown to many people. I believe someone on this site already said they never heard tell of him before.

Why not invite young fans and their families onstage. Gets lots of free Media publicity and people who wouldn't have known who the hell he was gets to know him, may even buy a record or go to a concert!

You have no idea and neither do I, if there is a motive behind it, but money is usually a pretty good incentive!!! 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 22:351 edit
    If he played urban music would he be called Keith Country ?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 22:38
    @very-rusty said
    Keith Urban is a country singer, known mainly to people who enjoy country and western songs, unknown to many people. I believe someone on this site already said they never heard tell of him before.

Why not invite young fans and their families onstage. Gets lots of free Media publicity and people who wouldn't have known who the hell he was gets to know him, may even buy ...[text shortened]... er do I, if there is a motive behind it, but money is usually a pretty good incentive!!! 😉

-VR
    Lol.
    I notice that you like to cause trouble and controversy, where neither is needed. 😀

He just seems to be a decent guy, and you don't want to accept it.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 22:40
    @the-gravedigger said
    If he played urban music would he be called Keith Country ?
    Lol.
    That song "Good Thing" is like a country/rock song, and I liked it.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 22:431 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Lol.
    I notice that you like to cause trouble and controversy, where neither is needed. 😀

He just seems to be a decent guy, and you don't want to accept it.
    You don't seem to accept the fact of all the free media attention he gets by doing this. Do you think he doesn't know?

Again neither of us know, but as I said money is always a great incentive for doing something.

I point this FACT out and all of a sudden I like to cause trouble and contraversy?

I am sure others have thought of it, only I had the nerve to actually come out and say it!

Sorry if I burst your bubble and obvious deep devotion to him as a fan!!! 😉

-VR
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 23:23
    @very-rusty said
    You don't seem to accept the fact of all the free media attention he gets by doing this. Do you think he doesn't know?

Again neither of us know, but as I said money is always a great incentive for doing something.

I point this FACT out and all of a sudden I like to cause trouble and contraversy?

I am sure others have thought of it, only I had the nerve to actual ...[text shortened]... and say it!

Sorry if I burst your bubble and obvious deep devotion to him as a fan!!! 😉

-VR
    Lol, "deep devotion", you're funny.

My Youtube searches have found that Garth Brooks and Justin Bieber also go out of their way to make a fan's dream come true. I have never heard Bieber sing, but what he does for the fans is awesome.

Why can't you just appreciate that some entertainers may actually enjoy the positive emotional connection with their fans?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 23:27
    @chaney3 said
    Lol, "deep devotion", you're funny.

My Youtube searches have found that Garth Brooks and Justin Bieber also go out of their way to make a fan's dream come true. I have never heard Bieber sing, but what he does for the fans is awesome.

Why can't you just appreciate that some entertainers may actually enjoy the positive emotional connection with their fans?
    You have to look at both the positive and negative or you have tunnel vision!

-VR
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 13:23
    @chaney3 said
    Check out the youtube video of Keith Urban inviting fan from audience to play guitar on stage. The guy (Rob Joyce) killed the guitar and some think played the song better than the band would have.

The song is "Good Thing".

I still don't know how to attach videos, so if someone watches it and can post it, that would be cool.

Keith Urban made a kind gesture to this guy and probably changed his life.
    If anyone has seen other instances of entertainers bringing fans onstage, and you'd like to share it, please do.

I think it's a cool thing to watch.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 13:29
    @chaney3 said
    If anyone has seen other instances of entertainers bringing fans onstage, and you'd like to share it, please do.

I think it's a cool thing to watch.
    I still think it gets them a lot of FREE media attention and people to get to know them that wouldn't have known about them! 😉 I believe it is a smart business move!!!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree