1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:20
    There are many kinds of them, they write for politicians, for celebrities when they should announce illness or rehab or something, for companies when they are sued ...
    ... but I am thinking now of football (soccer) coaches, who - after UEFA and FIFA rules - are obliged to attend press conferences before and after the match.

I thought: if they were capable to make new, fresh meaningful statements each time, they would be able to write a book, several books worth of Pulitzer prize.

So, how much are their speechwriters paid for those smart observations?
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:25
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    There are many kinds of them, they write for politicians, for celebrities when they should announce illness or rehab or something, for companies when they are sued ...
    ... but I am thinking now of football (soccer) coaches, who - after UEFA and FIFA rules - are obliged to attend press conferences before and after the match.

I thought: if they were c ...[text shortened]... th of Pulitzer prize.

How many Pulitzer Prize winning soccer managers do you know? LOL.

Writing is an art. Something you are born with, like playing an instrument.

The Directors of these club have press officers and PR people to help
    them write a statement if something goes wrong.

But speechwriters..........please, get a grip.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 13:38
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Probably not much.

And probably we won't see any Pulitzer Prize worthy books from Football celebrities either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree