1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 05:17
    I can't listen to music on my smart phone using Bluetooth earphones for more than a few seconds before I feel the need to turn the stereo expand feature up to about 70%-80%.

Is it only me?

Does anyone else have any relatively obscure addictions to report?
  2. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 12:06
    @fmf said
    I can't listen to music on my smart phone using Bluetooth earphones for more than a few seconds before I feel the need to turn the stereo expand feature up to about 70%-80%.

Is it only me?

I can't listen to anything on my smartphone except the spoken voice. Even the notifications noises drive me crazy.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 15:51
    @Kewpie

I second that. But the newer phones are a lot better I found out. I recently traded in my old Galaxy 7 for a galaxy 20 and there was clear technology improvements like the audio WITHOUT earbuds is a LOT better and the screen res a LOT better also.
    I think audio coming out of cell phones are all MP3 level so not the best in the first place.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 02:12
    @sonhouse said
    I think audio coming out of cell phones are all MP3 level so not the best in the first place.
    Who on Earth has ever said to you that mp3s coming out of a smartphone is "the best" audio? You took this bizarre claim seriously enough to repeat it - and shoot it down - here on a message board? Did whoever it was claim it was better than WAV @ 32 bit and 192kHz sample rate, through a pair of Sony WH-1000xM4s, for example?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 02:14
    @kewpie said
    I can't listen to anything on my smartphone except the spoken voice. Even the notifications noises drive me crazy.
    I listen mostly to podcasts through the phone's speaker but I have about 300 albums loaded up too so that I can have a listen when I am not at my computer.
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 12:58
    @fmf said

Is it only me?

I grew up when Mono was standard... I still can listen to mono without any second thought.
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 13:31
    @FMF

circa 1974
    i attended a molly hatchet/black oak arkansas concert somewhere in virginia
    the concert security (lol) allowed me to climb onstage and sit right in one of the giant speakers at the edge of the stage

my ears
    my lovely ears

what a great concert

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree