1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 20:28
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Says the man seeking shelter from the rain under a Tesco carrier bag. 😵
    What the hell is a Tesco carrier bag? Never heard tell of it, must be more up your allley than something I would ever use! 😛
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 21:52
    Gettin no respect here ????
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 06:56
    Originally posted by @coquette
    Gettin no respect here ????
    Are Tesco carrier bags known about in the US?

(Use to be free in the UK, now cost us 5p).
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 13:24
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Are Tesco carrier bags known about in the US?

(Use to be free in the UK, now cost us 5p).
    Same here in Canada (well Ontario anyway, not sure about the other provinces/territories) so I stick a previously used one or ten in the trunk (boot) of my vehicle when I go grocery shopping, something my wife is averse to do...the shopping I mean.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 13:361 edit
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Same here in Canada (well Ontario anyway, not sure about the other provinces/territories) so I stick a previously used one or ten in the trunk (boot) of my vehicle when I go grocery shopping, something my wife is averse to do...the shopping I mean.
    Never heard tell of them down here, but doesn't mean they don't exist I just don't use them or even heard of them.. 😉 You don't keep it next to those 40 + year old golf clubs do you?
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 13:52
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Never heard tell of them down here, but doesn't mean they don't exist I just don't use them or even heard of them.. 😉 You don't keep it next to those 40 + year old golf clubs do you?
    Sometimes I stick one in my golf bag as a means of having a place to put the empty beer can till I get to the next tee (where they usually have a garbage bin).
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 14:08
    I love it when a man does the shopping - not that I dislike doing it, but I'm sure he enjoys making me happy. Otherwise I don't much stick to traditional man/woman behaviour.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 14:21
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I love it when a man does the shopping - not that I dislike doing it, but I'm sure he enjoys making me happy. Otherwise I don't much stick to traditional man/woman behaviour.
    My idea of shopping is go get what you need then get the hell out!! 😉
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 14:23
    Although a man of some "maturity" (ie: length of time passing since my birth) and a proponent of "equal rights" (gender and race) I stick to, Ladies first/opening the car door for the ladies/she works, I don't (I'm retired)...well I don't get paid anyway so I do the housework, cooking...you get the picture. I guess I am old fashioned there eh? 🙄
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 14:262 edits
    Although a man of some "maturity" (ie: length of time passing since my birth) and a proponent of "equal rights" (gender and race) I stick to, Ladies first/opening the car door for the ladies/she works, I don't (I'm retired)...well I don't get paid anyway so I do the housework, cooking...you get the picture. I guess I am old fashioned there eh? 🙄
    We do what we feel is right and what is agreed upon in our relationships. I don't tell a man what to do, he knows.
    Edit: And I know what is expected of me.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 14:35
    We do what we feel is right and what is agreed upon in our relationships. I don't tell a man what to do, he knows.
    Edit: And I know what is expected of me.
    I say, "and stick to that".
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 15:12
    I say, "and stick to that".
    Yes, I believe in freedom and responsibility - every time 🙂 Can't have it any other way. Maturity should help.
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 16:43
    Yes, I believe in freedom and responsibility - every time 🙂 Can't have it any other way. Maturity should help.
    But we can leave this conversation and join the others. 🙂
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 18:17
    A man never wins an argument with a woman!! 😉
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 18:50
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    A man never wins an argument with a woman!! 😉
    I don't think that it's important to either of us - he will have his battles with his wife (in case there are any) and I with someone else. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree