Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Jul 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Here's where i'm at. Marmite is stickier than marmalade, but not as sticky as honey.

These results need further study.
Well once I can get my hands on some Marmite (I already have the honey) I will stick a finger in both and report back my findings.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Jul 17

Marmite is made from yeast extract, a by-product of beer brewing. Other similar products include the Australian Vegemite, the Swiss Cenovis and the German Vitam-R. The British version of the product is a sticky, dark brown food paste with a distinctive, powerful flavour, which is extremely salty

This sounds like a question Robbie would ask! 😛

Moves
27 Jul 17

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
Well once I can get my hands on some Marmite (I already have the honey) I will stick a finger in both and report back my findings.
Marmite warning!

'Never stick your finger in a jar of Marmite. I repeat, never stick your finger in a jar of Marmite!'

Moves
28 Jul 17

Marmite warning!

'Never stick your finger in a jar of Marmite. I repeat, never stick your finger in a jar of Marmite!'
OK you don't have to tell me more than once. I have a question tho. If, and I say only if, I did stick my finger in a jar of Marmite, what might expect to happen? Please tell me it wouldn't melt.😳

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Jul 17

OK you don't have to tell me more than once. I have a question tho. If, and I say only if, I did stick my finger in a jar of Marmite, what might expect to happen? Please tell me it wouldn't melt.😳
Think of the billions of jerms you would be putting into the marmite! 😛

Moves
28 Jul 17

🙂

Wouldn't melt, but imagine putting your finger in a tub of cold tar. The Marmite smell would also 'linger on your finger' at least until November.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Jul 17

🙂

Wouldn't melt, but imagine putting your finger in a tub of cold tar. The Marmite smell would also 'linger on your finger' at least until November.
Perhaps in your case but most people shower daily! 😛

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @very-rusty
Perhaps in your case but most people shower daily! 😛
Hi sir,

to access the clans forum, go to 'Forums' on the top menu bar and select 'Clans' from the drop down menu.

Yours kindly
Ghost

Moves
28 Jul 17

Originally posted by @torunn

And so will I - never heard of Marmite until now. I stick to marmalade.
On the subject of marmalade, discovered, by chance, the best one ever in Fortnum & Mason (a famous London store).

It contained whisky, but was one of the most sublime things I've ever eaten on toast. A little pricey though

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Jul 17
1 edit

Hi sir,

to access the clans forum, go to 'Forums' on the top menu bar and select 'Clans' from the drop down menu.

Yours kindly
Ghost
LOL...I am quite aware of where the clan forums are....I just love poking you with a stick for some reason. 😛 😉

EDIT: Keep in mind I been on here 8 plus years longer than you, if you don't have any other accounts, which we know is not possible right! 😉 😛

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Jul 17
1 edit

On the subject of marmalade, discovered, by chance, the best one ever in Fortnum & Mason (a famous London store).

It contained whisky, but was one of the most sublime things I've ever eaten on toast. A little pricey though
I suppose it might have been orange marmalade on whisky - if I can find it here, I'll buy it. Morning caffe latte, toast and marmalade is the best start of the day, and worth every pound.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Jul 17

I suppose it might have been orange marmalade on whisky - if I can find it here, I'll buy it. Morning caffe latte, toast and marmalade is the best start of the day, and worth every pound.
Doesn't sound like a good breakfast to me. 😛

Moves
29 Jul 17

Replace caffe latte with strong black coffee and we are in complete agreement. 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
29 Jul 17

Replace caffe latte with strong black coffee and we are in complete agreement. 🙂
Maybe I could try by reducing the milk gradually... 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Jul 17

Don't either of you invite me for breakfast! 😛